Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Liquid Graphite

Old 01-25-2015, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default Liquid Graphite

Another thread on first shot flyers as we search for answers.

I've been nosing around the center fire world and it's interesting how similar the cold or clean bore syndrome is to the MZs. Some claim it's not an issue and others are trying to find a solution to a real problem.

Of course, the easy answer for a CF gun is to leave it fouled with little worry of problems. Unfortunately, not so easy with a MZ.

One suggestion that keeps arising is the use of liquid graphite to mimic a fouled bore. Specifically, Lock-eaze (sp?) which is available for a $4 at most hardware stores. Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

I was going to give it a try today but we have a big front pushing through. No shooting for me.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Interesting. Post your results,we'd all love to find out. But hey, that would be too simple--you couldn't patent it and make your millions on the Secret Fouling Sauce