Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Muzzleloader questions ! >

Knight Muzzleloader questions !

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Muzzleloader questions !

Old 01-19-2015, 07:39 AM
Spike

Default Knight Muzzleloader questions !

Hi All- New today on this Forum-Been Hunting many yrs with my Knight LK93(Great Shooter BTW) I just came across 2 Knight Muzzleloaders I couldn't pass up,even if they only end up on my wall for collecting -Both look to be in great shape and got 'em both literally for "Peanuts" - First,an MK85 ,Green Camo Stock/Stainless #11 primer - 2nd, I believe what is a Knight Original Disc ,both 50cal.'s -both no accessories or tools or manuals tho! Disc Rifle also came mounted with a Redfield 4X Scope,Blued Barrel,Black Stock and both had nice camo slings,so I think I did well.Been gathering what info I could on the Disc,not being familiar with that style- The Disc also appears to be loaded,so I don't know what with in regards to Bullet or Powder,so I need to either shoot it or remove breech/Bolt- If I end up shooting it,it won't be hand held by any means,not knowing what the hell is in it! In a gun vice in a gravel bed-I ll be the guy behind the tree pulling the string on the trigger!LOL! My main question is Bolt,breech removal-I'm reading this gun needs some kind of C-tool to keep Bolt lined up somehow after allen screw is removed from the left side- Anyone know where I can locate this tool,or even what they look like, and also if there are Owner Manuals out there to download??? Also,is there a special breech plug tool to remove that ? ( I have tools for my LK93, both for 209 & #11 systems but not sure if these would work! Any Info Much Appreciated !!

Last edited by WMaKntHntr4; 01-19-2015 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Disc, use a socket to remove the breech and a 7/16 open end wrench works as a C-tool...I can't remember what socket fits the breech plug, I believe it's a 5/16...I use a 1/4 drive and screwdriver with extension to get mine out...

So, you don't need special tools for a Disc, you can also reuse the discs if you want to...
Old 01-19-2015, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Go to Knight's web site and see if you can down load the manual for that Disc. There is a special way to take the bolt out of that gun. The real old ones had a screw on the side of them. The newer original disc had a flip lever that you held open and the bolt came out. I had an original disc but sold it, and gave the new owner the manual. As I remember you had to screw in the back safetym all the way in ... oh heck! you better get the manual. I would hate to steer you wrong. But once the bolt is out, and long nose narrow socket will slip right in the back. You need a 6 inch extension to clear most scopes and then just ratchet it out. you could then push the load out.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:08 AM
Spike

Hmmm-Cool ! Thx guys for such quick responses- Biggest worry is what is behind that Breech Plug for Powder, Not that whoever owned this gun previously would have accidently put "Smokeless" Powder in, but I'm not taking that chance after watching some Vid's on YouTube showing Barrels grenading ! Pretty Scary ! I'm even nervous about breaking free a stubborn,stuck Breech -so I'm leaning toward an outdoor ,confined & secure ignition - Yep-I'm "Chicken" but want to live to shoot another day!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:11 AM
Spike

Another question- Is there an upgrade to this actual Original bolt that is improved making bolt removal & installation less of a "PITA"??

Last edited by WMaKntHntr4; 01-19-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:16 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
I have a Disc, use a socket to remove the breech and a 7/16 open end wrench works as a C-tool...I can't remember what socket fits the breech plug, I believe it's a 5/16...I use a 1/4 drive and screwdriver with extension to get mine out...

So, you don't need special tools for a Disc, you can also reuse the discs if you want to...
So the thickness of a 7/16 wrench and C-Tool would be the same then? Can't wait to get this thing unloaded-ordered some Orange Disc Primers yesterday-none at my local dealer
Old 01-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Spike

I bought a knight Mk 85 50 cal.rifle years ago.It was called the predator.That rifle had a slotted breach plug.I changed out the breach plug for a newer one.Never was much on the slotted kind.Yours is probably a newer one.I still have the old gun,its a great shooter.I thought I would throw my 2 cents in,,in case you had the old style breach plug.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Disc has a hex breech plug, no problem there...I would definitely push that load out...

Removing the disc and breech plug as well as taking the bolt apart is really not any problem once you have done it a few times...I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything...You do have to learn how it's done, there may be a YouTube on it...

The thickness of the wrench doesn't matter...You insert the wrench between the screw safety and body of the bolt...The open end of the wrench lines up with the raised area of the bolt...Then just screw the safety down, unscrew the assembly and it comes apart...When putting back together you have to align the screw assembly with the body of the bolt, simple...
Old 01-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Spike

Appreciate the input-Checked the Knight page-couldn't find any downloads for manuals but there is a Phone # listed for Manuals-Calling tomorrow !
Old 01-20-2015, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you can't find it online or figure it out, let me know and I'll take some pictures and post on here what you need to know...

The Knight Disc is one of the best rifles out there, I have several loads worked up for mine but I'm currently using 80grs FFF Goex behind a .429 Hornady 300gr XTP inside a Harvester plain green sabot...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.