Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C Maxi Shok performance kit? >

T/C Maxi Shok performance kit?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Maxi Shok performance kit?

Old 01-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Dominant Buck

I looked at those kits before. And came to the conclusion that what little they would do to make the bullet perform better might be dwarfed by their cause for accuracy. I am glad you purchased that. I will be watching for your results. For me, I never had a problem trusting a round ball.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't get making a hollow point on a round ball? The ball is spinning on it's way to the target.

Plus, who ever saw a round ball that didn't expand?
Old 01-28-2015, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
I looked at those kits before. And came to the conclusion that what little they would do to make the bullet perform better might be dwarfed by their cause for accuracy. I am glad you purchased that. I will be watching for your results. For me, I never had a problem trusting a round ball.
I've wondered the same.

There are 4 tips which cut different patterns, min to max expansion; the instructions warn to use the min with round balls as anything above will cause fragmentation vs penetration.

Now,while I do wonder about the effect on accuracy, I also wonder the efficacy in terms of expansion. I've been shooting into stove length firewood lately in an attempt to capture and reuse (at some point) the lead, unsure if this will make it easier or more difficult to verify that.