Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Performance Report - Nosler 300 Partition >

Performance Report - Nosler 300 Partition

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Performance Report - Nosler 300 Partition

Old 12-20-2014, 03:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default Performance Report - Nosler 300 Partition

I picked up 100 of these bullets some time last year. They are available to purchase, however, I'm not sure they are still produced.

While I was after Mr. Big, I could not come home without venison. My preference to take a large Whitetail doe and the opportunity arose for a close range, head on shot.

300 Nosler Partition
100 BH209
Knight Disc Extreme
15 yards

The retrieved bullet was in the left rear hind quarter. 232 grains of retained weight. No tracking was necessary.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

The nosler has sure stood the test of time!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

They are good bullets. But I have never had the opportunity to take a deer with them.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

I have used them many seasons in the 6.5x55 and 7x57 with perfect success (9 one shot kills). I have not hunted much with saboted bullets (Hornady XTP years ago, and Barnes T-EZ recently) but the Partition is on my list now.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Nice to see, as I just bought 2 boxes for a smoking $25 deal (ea). Have you run them faster than the 100 grn? I need to work up a load in my CVA Optima Pro for elk.

Last edited by donw; 12-20-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Josmund
I picked up 100 of these bullets some time last year. They are available to purchase, however, I'm not sure they are still produced.

While I was after Mr. Big, I could not come home without venison. My preference to take a large Whitetail doe and the opportunity arose for a close range, head on shot.

300 Nosler Partition
100 BH209
Knight Disc Extreme
15 yards

The retrieved bullet was in the left rear hind quarter. 232 grains of retained weight. No tracking was necessary.

I totally agree!!! I have tried many different bullets over the years and when I finally bit the bullet and tried to decide between Barnes Copper or Nosler Partitions. After doing some reading and investigation I decided to go with the Noslers because of one article that tested both bullets and found that the Nosler expanded over a wider range of velocities than did the Barnes - so Nosler it was. Then when I started ML I was really happy to find that Nosler made the Partition in bullets that I could shoot from my ML's. I stayed with Nosler Partition until Nosler decided to drop the Partition in the 44, 45, and 458 sizes. I still have a couple of boxes I rat holed, but I made the switch to Lehigh/Bloodlines and have not looked back.

This is the only Nosler Partition bullet I have recovered and it worked as advertised...

Outstanding bullets...
Old 12-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
I totally agree!!! I have tried many different bullets over the years and when I finally bit the bullet and tried to decide between Barnes Copper or Nosler Partitions. After doing some reading and investigation I decided to go with the Noslers because of one article that tested both bullets and found that the Nosler expanded over a wider range of velocities than did the Barnes - so Nosler it was. Then when I started ML I was really happy to find that Nosler made the Partition in bullets that I could shoot from my ML's. I stayed with Nosler Partition until Nosler decided to drop the Partition in the 44, 45, and 458 sizes. I still have a couple of boxes I rat holed, but I made the switch to Lehigh/Bloodlines and have not looked back.

This is the only Nosler Partition bullet I have recovered and it worked as advertised...

Outstanding bullets...

Wow!! That's some impressive results.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by donw
Nice to see, as I just bought 2 boxes for a smoking $25 deal (ea). Have you run them faster than the 100 grn? I need to work up a load in my CVA Optima Pro for elk.
I have not run them faster.

100 grains of BH 209 and a 300 grain bullet is the sweet spot for me. I like the combo.

It will produce about a 13" drop at 200 yards. So if you're 2" high at 100, you'll be 11" low at 200 with plenty of energy. A fine Elk load in my book.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deep Curl Substitute

All those fella that post about how the can't find Deep Curl bullets should use this Nosler bullet as a substitute, while they wait. The price is right, and the performance is better.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
All those fella that post about how the can't find Deep Curl bullets should use this Nosler bullet as a substitute, while they wait. The price is right, and the performance is better.
Yep, that's what I did

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.