Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Off Topic - Need A Scope? >

Off Topic - Need A Scope?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off Topic - Need A Scope?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I'm confused on this. I thought I had three of these scopes already. I'm almost positive the ones I got have 4.5" eye relief. I ordered two of these, I hope I don't regret it.

Sabotloader,
Didn't you order one for me a year or so ago? Is this the same scope??

Yeah I don't know. The Redfield Revolution has 3.7 to 4.2" eye relief. Maybe thinking of that one?
Old 11-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Redfield is making nice scopes now, again. I'm just personally not a big fan of the bdc type reticles. To me, its just unnecessary clutter... especially on a ML. I've had a couple different ones over the years, not a big fan. Give me a regular duplex any day.

Definitely a good deal though!
Old 11-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I wonder if its 3.5" on 9X and over 4" on 3X. Relief on cheaper scopes often changes with magnification. Even most highend scopes have atleast some variation when changing magnification.
Correct 3.5 on 9X
Old 11-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I'm confused on this. I thought I had three of these scopes already. I'm almost positive the ones I got have 4.5" eye relief. I ordered two of these, I hope I don't regret it.

Sabotloader,
Didn't you order one for me a year or so ago? Is this the same scope??
Yes I did order one for you it was the Revenge 3x9x42 Accu-Range and Range finder but I am sure it was the Hunter scope with a 600 yard range finder reticule.

And it is near 4.5 on 3X power and little over 3.5 on 9X

Last edited by sabotloader; 11-18-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

And I was just there today. You all know that Redfield had been bought out by Leupold - right? And they undergo the same stringent testing the lupies do.
just a little fyi.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
And I was just there today. You all know that Redfield had been bought out by Leupold - right? And they undergo the same stringent testing the lupies do.
just a little fyi.
The Redfield Revenge is under the Leupold umbrella but it is made in Formosa while the Revolution is made in the states...

It is actually made in the same plant that makes Nikon if I remember correctly and yes as you said it has to pass Leupold's specs.

Here is some additional info

http://www.redfield.com/redfield-revenge/
Old 11-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I just got mine in the mail. Now I have to decide if I want this on my .22 or maybe change out a muzzleloader to it. Since it is set up for sabot shooting. Now this is no recommendation by any means, but holding it up and looking out the window with it, the clarity is amazing. Also its very fast to change powers. With that 42mm bell this might be the factor that tells me what rifle it can go on. As I don't want to change out rings and such. Many of my scopes have a 40mm bell almost on the barrel now. Although that would look nice on that fancy .22 Sig Sauer I have.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

I got one today as well and it is an excellent scope for that price. I do believe the eye relief is more than advertised as well.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Actually I was thinking the same thing. I had it on 9x and with it sitting on a solid surface, no hands on it, I moved behind it to where the entire view inside the scope was solid. I guessed it closer to 4 inches. Which I thought was more then generous.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chaded
I got one today as well and it is an excellent scope for that price. I do believe the eye relief is more than advertised as well.
I'm positive it was advertised before at 4.5" It clearly has it but can't find it in writing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.