Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Hornady SST vs TC Shockwave >

Hornady SST vs TC Shockwave

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hornady SST vs TC Shockwave

Old 12-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Dominant Buck

That is the only roundball I ever recovered and I would hate to think how many deer I have shot with roundball. But the ball is a .530 out of a .54 caliber Renegade. And I passed through one deer and lodged under the spine of a second deer it also brought down. Pretty good expansion.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Couple years ago i started doing some of my hunting with conventional muzzleloaders and patched round balls. To date i've killed five or six deer using .50 and .54 round balls. Put the round ball in the right place and it performs as well as any bullet. Last deer i shot with .54 round ball had a 1" exit hole.

Those round balls do a fine job on hogs too.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Long story short....... While getting my truck serviced today, the salesman, also a friend, told me about one of the guys in the shop that was madder than heck over Shockwave bullets. He said he thought the guy had the bullet in is tool chest, so he took me out to talk with the guy and see the recovered Shockwave.

Needless to say, if he said it once he said it a dozen times, "We will never shoot those bullets again."

Shockwave shot from a T/C Omega, using 2 -T7 pellets (new and fresh), distance 30yds and from a ladder stand. His son took a doe in the chest and they found the bullet at the back of the brisket in fat.