Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Too little powder??? >

Too little powder???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Too little powder???

Old 10-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Spike

Looks like you have narrowed the problem down and on your way to a solution. I agree with lemoyne and try different weight bullets and different charges to get the best accuracy. My friends and I do not use Pyrodex as we have had very bad results with it. There are a lot of great powders out there to try. Triple Seven is a good choice. I personally love black myself. Triple Seven and black powder ignite when it gets cold and our seasons can get very cold. I deer hunted one morning when it was 17 below zero.
Good Luck and may that trophy buck be in your sights this fall!
Old 10-31-2014, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, Hunterdn78. I plan to use 777 in the Optima. I hunt away from home and may not be able to do the cleanup that Pyrodex requires. I think that the 777 residue in a stainless barrel will keep a day or two until I get home. Actually, I think I can do a quick clean on it in the field and a better one later. I hunt in north MO, it does not usually get that cold there. Thanks again and good luck.