Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Recommend a ML rifle for me :) >

Recommend a ML rifle for me :)

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Recommend a ML rifle for me :)

Old 09-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Take a look at the new LHR Redemption. The owners are all former employees at TC with years of experience in the industry and they have made a very interesting rifle. For example the breech plug is held in place by a collar on the barrel that has external threads. Easiest cleaning MZ I've ever owned. Very good target trigger etc. Very well made and early range time indicates its going to be a shooter.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by pooldoc
Take a look at the new LHR Redemption. The owners are all former employees at TC with years of experience in the industry and they have made a very interesting rifle. For example the breech plug is held in place by a collar on the barrel that has external threads. Easiest cleaning MZ I've ever owned. Very good target trigger etc. Very well made and early range time indicates its going to be a shooter.
Cripes! Read the thread. She bought a V2.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
I bought the CVA accura v2.
Awesome purchase. Wish I would have spent the extra now and bought the Accura instead of the Optima but was not sure if I was going to like it.

White Hots and PowerBelts are like a marriage made in heaven for these rifles. You could chase down loads all summer long but why bother when you can just plop and drop and be ready to hunt in just a couple of shots. It's just that easy with these fine rifles.

Good luck and let us know how you like it.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

...White Hots and PowerBelts are like a marriage made in heaven for these rifles. You could chase down loads all summer long but why bother when you can just plop and drop and be ready to hunt in just a couple of shots...
A reason to bother is to gain experience shooting the rifle.

Another reason to bother is to find a more accurate load.

Another reason to bother is to find a less expensive load.

Another reason to bother is to learn the real point of impact of one's aim.

To me, it seems fair to pay one's dues.

Another reason to bother is to see/realize..

Another reason to bother is to discover..

Another reason to bother is to enjoy..

What is it that one fella says.. Shoot more, shoot more often?
Old 09-12-2014, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am partial to TC's... have owned a few different models and love the accuracy. Currently shooting an Omega Z5 .50.