Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I Can't Catch a Break!!! >

I Can't Catch a Break!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I Can't Catch a Break!!!

Old 08-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking I Can't Catch a Break!!!

Well most of you remember about my hip replacement and that went very well. Now I can't seem to catch a break. If I did't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!! Got up the other day and almost fell flat on my face!! My right knee went out on me. I am now waiting for a knee operation on 5 Sept. I have a severely torn lateral meniscus. I need an orthoscopic surgery to repair it.

I'm the kind of guy who can find a multimillion dollar winning lottery ticket, just to find out that it expired yesterday!!!

I will hunt this year, even if I have to crawl into the woods! Sorry to thread you guys with this negative sh--. But I will try to keep a positive outlook on this and press on!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

The people I know who had total knee replacements were walking fine with out help in a month my ant and uncle both had orthicsocpic surgery and was walking with out help in a couple of days, but onside note they need a knee replacement in a couple of years.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

You tore up your knee getting out of bed?

Do you exercise much?
Old 08-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

rafsob

git her fixed... My students (8th grade history) have asked me a couple times if I were here when the dinosaurs were? Age comes whether you are ready or not and in my case I am not ready!!! But things are breaking down.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
Well most of you remember about my hip replacement and that went very well. Now I can't seem to catch a break. If I did't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!! Got up the other day and almost fell flat on my face!! My right knee went out on me. I am now waiting for a knee operation on 5 Sept. I have a severely torn lateral meniscus. I need an orthoscopic surgery to repair it.

I'm the kind of guy who can find a multimillion dollar winning lottery ticket, just to find out that it expired yesterday!!!

I will hunt this year, even if I have to crawl into the woods! Sorry to thread you guys with this negative sh--. But I will try to keep a positive outlook on this and press on!!!
I had to have that orthoscopic Knee surgery done on my right knee. They removed a lot of torn cartilage floaters (I have some cool pictures they took in there), and some other minor things. I am sorry to say, while it reduced some of the pain, it really did not help completely. Even the surgeon later said.. well your knee will never be 100% and some day I will need a total knee replacement. Now my other knee, from taking up the slack of the bad knee is going bad. I really am at a loss as to have more of the same done, or shoot for a total knee replacement.

I wish you the best. At least the recovery was not that long although the physical therapy took forever. I think they were milking the insurance to be honest.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You tore up your knee getting out of bed?

Do you exercise much?
No Muley, I don't have a clue as to how it happened. Exercising has nothing to do with it. these problems are, for the most part, a life long condition. Something that takes many years of one form of abuse or another.

For me I worked on jet fighters for 26 years in the Air Force. They are historically low to the ground and I was constantly on my knees.

And then there were the fights as a deputy sheriff...
Old 08-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

For me I worked on jet fighters for 26 years in the Air Force. They are historically low to the ground and I was constantly on my knees.

And then there were the fights as a deputy sheriff...
You left out begging for a promotion or raise!
Seriously though, it looks as though you are being tested. Keep a stiff upper lip. You'll get through this.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
You left out begging for a promotion or raise!
Seriously though, it looks as though you are being tested. Keep a stiff upper lip. You'll get through this.
AND...begging the Mrs. for permission to buy another muzzleloader!!

But as Bronko said, hang in there bud, better days are coming. My buddy had a knee surgery last fall and he says his knee feels like he never had a problem with it. He was back to work in a few days and has had no problems since. Good luck to you (this time for real) and I hope all goes well after Sept. 5th

BPS
Old 08-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Spike

Do not feel like The Lone Ranger. I am having open ankle surgery Thursday after months of B.S. testing/exercises. Wanted it in spring. Now my right knee if falling apart and probably will not make a month or two. Have a meniscus tore from ligament(scope repair failed), bone damage and shredding meniscus. All kinds of pain and instability. When I had other knee replaced in Aug '11 it got infected, went hunting w/pick line for IV every night. I hung the bottle from travel trailer roof window every night(should have been a Scotch/rocks if healthy). Not any fun getting old.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by OldFlick
Do not feel like The Lone Ranger. I am having open ankle surgery Thursday after months of B.S. testing/exercises. Wanted it in spring. Now my right knee if falling apart and probably will not make a month or two. Have a meniscus tore from ligament(scope repair failed), bone damage and shredding meniscus. All kinds of pain and instability. When I had other knee replaced in Aug '11 it got infected, went hunting w/pick line for IV every night. I hung the bottle from travel trailer roof window every night(should have been a Scotch/rocks if healthy). Not any fun getting old.
Man thought I had if bad!!! Hang in there brother.

Thanks for all the uplifting encouragement. I need it and will press on and get 'er done!! Hopefully the good Lord will see my trials and feel sorry for U and let get the big one this year!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.