logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
Spike

Default CVA Optima V1 VS V2

So I noticed that CVA has changed the break open lever on the Optima from the lever on the front of the trigger gaurd to a more freindly TC Encore type of take down system.

For those users that have tried both has it effected the great trigger pull the VI has? I was thinking about upgrading but wanted to make sure they have all the bugs worked out first.
edwardamason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Spike

The action and trigger were taken from the Accura line so there shouldn't be any bugs with that. As far as the trigger goes I've always been impressed with CVA triggers. The only discernible difference would be the Optima doesn't have the Bergara branded barrel like the Accura (even though it's made in the same factory) and the trigger isn't adjustable.
http://muzzyuniversity.wordpress.com/
jcrobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
Boone & Crockett

You made me have to take a look at mine. It has the breech release on the front of the trigger guard, and works flawless. Also like noted, the trigger is great. I also looked and again, information is right, my barrel does not list itself as a Bergara barrel. Yet when I talked to a technical support person at CVA they were telling me that the barrels on the Optima were indeed a Bergara barrel. All I know is for a little over $200.00 it is a great rifle.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck, screaming Yahoo, with a big smile on your face."
cayugad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
Typical Buck

All CVA barrels are Bergara made. True Bergara barrels are stamped Bergara and go through a multi-honining process that polishes them to an almost mirror like finish. The Wolf - Optima - Scout - Stalker are not marked Bergara simply because CVA does not do the multi honing process as it helps keep the price down at our end.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierMuzzleloading View Post
All CVA barrels are Bergara made. True Bergara barrels are stamped Bergara and go through a multi-honining process that polishes them to an almost mirror like finish. The Wolf - Optima - Scout - Stalker are not marked Bergara simply because CVA does not do the multi honing process as it helps keep the price down at our end.
yep! This is the way I understand it as well.

Im not sure the Optima needs any honing. It sure seems really nice. I ran several sabots down mine when I first got it checking it for sabot snugness fit before I ever fired the first shot. It was smooth like butter without the first catch anywhere.
edwardamason is offline   Reply With Quote