logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
Fork Horn

Default Optima vs. Accura V1

First of all I want to say that I have shot both of these. I have an optima and an optima pro. My son has an accura V1 that I got him 2 years ago.

I really like my regular optima, it is light weight, clean and very accurate. Last night I was sighting in my sons accura for him and fell in love with it. It just had a certain feel to it and the trigger was PERFECT and the accuracy was AWESOME!

What makes the accura worth more money? They both seem very similar to me but accuras seem to bring alot more money than thier brother the optima.
CVA Accura V2 Camo TH SS 50 Cal.
BH209 100GR - Barnes 250 GR. TEZ
Hoosier_Hunter1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
Nontypical Buck

It's the Bergara Barrel, even though the Optima has a barrel made by Bergara it is'nt put through the same process as the one on the Accura, The Optima's barrel has the last polishing process left out by Bergara, the Accura's Barrel goes through a 5 step process when it's made.
I have 3 Accura V1's, why, because after I bought my first one I was like WOW! so I got a second, then I still had to have another so I bought another, it's still new in the box.
The Trigger is so smooth that the shots go off with ease and no pull or flinching, and by far the best part is the accuracy of the Beragra Barrel that sold me. I have all Stainless Steel Bergara Barrels on mine. They clean up so quick and easy I cant believe it. I love this MLer!
Plus the less than 1" groups at 100yds is a plus also.
If you go to CVA's home page or Bergara's site you can watch a vodeo on how the Bergara Barrels are mede.
(BP)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01525.jpg (91.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Fork Horn

Default Ok BP

BP,

Okay so i get the difference between the 2. Now why would you have 3 V1's and not any v2's? I what are the differences there besides the thumbhole stock and the quick release breach plug?

Do you have any V2's?

I am sure the gun could group that well at 100 if the shooter would do his part. What are you throwing down yours?

THANKS,
HH
CVA Accura V2 Camo TH SS 50 Cal.
BH209 100GR - Barnes 250 GR. TEZ
Hoosier_Hunter1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Nontypical Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_Hunter1963 View Post
BP,

Okay so i get the difference between the 2. Now why would you have 3 V1's and not any v2's? I what are the differences there besides the thumbhole stock and the quick release breach plug?

Do you have any V2's?

I am sure the gun could group that well at 100 if the shooter would do his part. What are you throwing down yours?

THANKS,
HH
Hi Hoosier, sorry for the late reply, been a crazy day.
Why dont I have any V2's..first what's the big deal with a QRBP, when have you ever had to FAST remove your BP? not ever for me. Sure it's nice to just turn your BP to remove it and clean it but with the tool with the V1 it only takes me seconds to get mine out. Next I dont shoot BH I shoot Pyrodox and the V1's BP shoots that just fine. Next the Rubber Panels on the stock of the V2 may sound like a good thing but I know water and snow and rubber dont mix, if your holding your MLer and you have rubber panels on the stock or forearm and there wet and your aiming down on a deer and all of a sudden your get a (SQUEAK) from the rubber your done, game over. So I like the regular synthetice stock on the V1 without the possibly noise causing rubber.
Those are the only 2 differnces between the V1 and V2 and they cost you an extra $250+ for these options, I can do with them.
I own nothing but CVA's I have the old Stag Horn and Srag Horn Mag, the Hunter Bolt Manum, the Kodiak and it's big brother Kodiak,plus 3 Accura V1's. Each and every one of them shoots Pyrodox RS Lose Powder or Regular Pyrodox Pellets along with the 240gr XTP mag with the MMP HPH 24 Black Sabots.
In My Accura I shoot 100grs of pyro rs powder with the 240gr XTP and either a WIN W209 Primer or a T7 Primer. This combo gives me 1"+- at 100yds and 1 1/4-1 1/2"+- at 200yds. In the one Accura I had set up for my wife she used 2 50gr Pyro pellets along with the 240gr XTP Mag and the same primers, this gave her as good of groups at 50 and 100yds as I was getting with the 110grs of pyro rs. She since switched to her Kodiak with 1 50gr and 1 30gr Pyro pellet and the 240gr xtp mag. This gave her 1" groups at 50-75 yds and that's as far as she shoots so it was good, I could get better from it.
So as you can see I love the 240gr XTP and Pyrodox. I have never lost one single deer hit with the xtp's, there devestating in deer, I've had entrance holes as big as half dollars. I 've shoot 3 deer at 175yds plus and went clean through them.
I've always been one to make whatever I have work to the best of it's ability, the 240gr xtp helped tons, even with my old $89 Stag Horn I could get excellant groups and have taken many deer with that.
But yea I dont see any need for a V2, My V1's are all I'll ever need.
(BP)
Old 11-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #5
Giant Nontypical

I had an Optima Pro and now own an Accura V2. Except for the difference in the breech plug and the visible stock difference I can't find anything else different. I do believe (if I remember correctly) the trigger on the V2 is much better. Adn although the Optima shot great, it is not as accurate as this V2.

I'm not as good as I'm gonna get - but I'm better than I used to be.
"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."

bronko22000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
Nontypical Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronko22000 View Post
I had an Optima Pro and now own an Accura V2. Except for the difference in the breech plug and the visible stock difference I can't find anything else different. I do believe (if I remember correctly) the trigger on the V2 is much better. Adn although the Optima shot great, it is not as accurate as this V2.
Bronko, like you said there's not much of a difference between the V1 and V2 execpt for the QRBP and the Rubber on the stock. Now I've never shot a V2 so I cant say one way or the other how they compare with trigger pull, you did have a V1 did'nt you or still do?
But the V1's trigger is smooth, I find it to be one of the reasons it shoots such good groups, sure the Bergara Barrel helps but that trigger is sweet.
When I find something that shoots so good I dont want to change I keep it, Im with the if it's not broke dont fix it crowd, that's why after my first V1 I bought another, than another that's still NIB. I doubt I'll ever shoot anything but the V1. Im even still shooting My Hoyt Super Star Supreme Bow that I bought in 1994, that sucker may be old but it's still a Tac Driver.
(BP)
Old 10-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
Spike

If the Optima has Bergara made barrel why does the one I just bought say made by DIKAR? It is a V2 SS/Black .50
Figured somebody here would know the story.
Thanks
Hardwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
Nontypical Buck

Maybe Dikar's website will help answer your question. Its under "brands"
http://www.dikar.es/en/#dikar
ULA Model 20 50cal
Savage MLII SS Pacnor 45
Gm54-120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
Nontypical Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm54-120 View Post
Maybe Dikar's website will help answer your question. Its under "brands"
http://www.dikar.es/en/#dikar
Dikar is actually the owner of CVA ,etc . Everyone thinks that they are an American company that gets their guns made in Spain when they are actually a Spanish company that exports their junk to America
1874sharpsshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
Typical Buck

Ive never seen a cva made today that had dikar stamped on the barrel.