Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Muzzleloading season >

Muzzleloading season

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Muzzleloading season

Old 10-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Good Luck and have a Safe Trip! Dont forget the Camera.
Wow your ML Season's almost here, our's does'nt start untill Dec 10th. Do you's catch any early part of the RUT there? is so what part of the rut will it be in?
(BP)
BP I havent seen any sign yet of chasing, but sometimes at the end of the nine day ML season you can catch a bit of chasing going on. My favorite time for hunting is the first week of Nov. the prerut is really coming on then. Bucks are really wanting it, but the does aint quite ready. Peak rut here in north Arkansas is Nov. 15 according to the game and fish comm. I hope its a good one this year.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gregrn43
BP I havent seen any sign yet of chasing, but sometimes at the end of the nine day ML season you can catch a bit of chasing going on. My favorite time for hunting is the first week of Nov. the prerut is really coming on then. Bucks are really wanting it, but the does aint quite ready. Peak rut here in north Arkansas is Nov. 15 according to the game and fish comm. I hope its a good one this year.
I guess our "Ruts" are about the same, I also like the 1st week in November. Our Archery season goes untill Nov16th right through the rut, we even catch a little of the last part of the rut when our rifle season opens on Nov17th. Last year our rut was SLOW and late, it went into our rifle season. For me Im always in my treestand bowhunting on Nov 5th through the 11th that's usually the best time to catch the peak rutting activity.
We only have a Late MLer season wich starts the day after our rifle season ends on Dec 9th and goes for 9 days through Dec 18th. Our Late Mler season is right during our second rut and is always a good time to be hunting. Also I use my MLer through our rifle season, our late MLer season is just a short 9 days and that's just to short of a time to enjoy hunting with a Mler.
Again Good Luck!
(BP)
Old 10-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Definetly seems that the ruts are pretty much the same in Ark and NY and if you live downstate here on the Island we pick up a special shotgun/muzzie season last 3 wks in January.....
Old 10-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gman57
Definetly seems that the ruts are pretty much the same in Ark and NY and if you live downstate here on the Island we pick up a special shotgun/muzzie season last 3 wks in January.....
I have a friend who's brother used to live on the island, we went there (I once) to do the late hunt in January. Im not sure of the exact place but we had to wait and be in a draw to see who goes and who dont and only hunt in a certain spot. I was excited but went home empty handed.
(BP)
Old 10-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah thats it BP there is a drawing for however many spots on DEC land there are open Im generally lucky and get out just about every time I go .