Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
ruger 77-50 scope mount >

ruger 77-50 scope mount

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

ruger 77-50 scope mount

Old 09-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Spike

Default ruger 77-50 scope mount

Does anyone know which rings I need for this gun to mount a leupold 3-9x40 scope?
I would like to keep the scope as low as possible without touching the barrel.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

My M77 (not a ML) has rings that mount directly to the receiver. I'm thinking the 77-50 is the same. I don't know if the rings are available from anyone but Ruger, though it would be worth a look.

I'd imagine you can get a set of rings and bases to work on a M77, on-line catalogs now have options to select rings and bases by gun maufacturer and model.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Spike

The guy I bought the gun from thought the regular m 77 rings were different.
I called ruger and the technician looked at pictures and thought they would be the same.
That is the reason for my question here hoping someone with one would know for sure.
Thanks for the reply
Old 09-22-2012, 03:32 AM
Spike

My rings are 7/16" tall, same height. Ruger 2001 firearms catalog shows rings S100RM as model shipped with firearm. My 3-9x40 clears the barrel but rear sight needs top of sight removed. I would not really want my scope mounted any higher.