Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
cva wolf or optima >

cva wolf or optima

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva wolf or optima

Old 12-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Spike

Default cva wolf or optima

I'm thinking about one of these two. Any opinions ??
Old 12-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

from what I have seen and read. both are good. just how far up in the cva line you want to go. in my area, the optima is only $25 to at most $60 more then the wolf.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Banned

Both are great, but i'd have to spend a lil bit more and get the stainless steel option on the Optima.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Wolf and I love it. My next purchase will be an upgrade to an Optima. If I had the money I would skip over both and go for the Acura.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Spike

I just bought and finally got all the accessories in the mail yesterday to outfit my new
CVA Electra. Now time to get some range time in but 50 mph winds will keep me in the house today.

Guess that means some football and New Year's Eve left over food and beverages are
on tap today. (pun definitely intended!)

I couldn't pass up the Electra with a stainless Bergara Barrel at the price I bought it for. Otherwise, I was looking at a Accura V2 with a thumbhole stock. Really nice gun!

Last edited by nstrut; 01-01-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd also go with the SS Barrel option and go with the Optima. The Bergara Barrel in SS is a sweet shooting tack driver. What I like best about it is how easy it cleans up after shooting. But if you can hold out for awhile and save up a little more I'd go for the ACCURA V2, I bet any time now they will go on Sale and you'll save at least $100 or more on one, be patient.....
(BP)
Old 01-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you or anyone sees the Acura V2 go on sale please let us all know.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pluckit
If you or anyone sees the Acura V2 go on sale please let us all know.
Back when Cabela's had the ACCURA V1's on sale I bought 1 for $299.00 plus some kind of a discount from them, possibly a $25 off cupon on orders over $150, so I got it for $274, I think they also had FREE shipping.
I think I paid around $400 for my first ACCURA in Camo/SS. I'll keep a look out pluckit, Im sure there'll be a good deal on them soon as Hunting Season's in many places have come to a end.
I already have 3 ACCURA V1's 1 is still Brand New in the Box. I did THINK about getting a V2 as I love the Accura but just because you get a quck release breech plug and some rubber on the stock and forearm does'nt justify the added price. Im not a fan of rubber on any forearm or stock as it can make some noise when you least want it like a Squeak from your hands on them. And I could care less about a Breech Plug that comes out with a turn of the hand as I have never needed to remove my breechplug quick for any reason. I can survive using the BP wrench when getting it out for cleaning, it only takes a few seconds.
But if I can get one for a good enough Price I just may get one....but then you know what happens, you buy one then the next year they come out with something New and Better. That's why Im still satisfied with my original Accura V1's.
(BP)
Old 01-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Gotta agree with BP if you want an Accura save money pick up a V1 Accura in SS same gun just without the features BP mentioned and they shoot sweet love mine.