Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

PowerBelt Harvest

Old 10-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default PowerBelt Harvest

I didnt harvest this animal only helped track it......With all this talk about the different projectiles on our forum its funny how the same thing happens with people in person. Heres a buck shot at 65yds with a PB Platinum 270gr. Perfect behind shoulder shot no blood... Deer went 150yds or so through heavy swamp like area. Very hard to find. We found it sunday mourning. Gun is Knight Disc with 2- 777 pellets. Most of our talk was bullet performance. 2 guys swear bye PB and I prefer anything else.
Attached Thumbnails PowerBelt Harvest-2.jpg  
Old 10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
I didnt harvest this animal only helped track it......With all this talk about the different projectiles on our forum its funny how the same thing happens with people in person. Heres a buck shot at 65yds with a PB Platinum 270gr. Perfect behind shoulder shot no blood... Deer went 150yds or so through heavy swamp like area. Very hard to find. We found it sunday mourning. Gun is Knight Disc with 2- 777 pellets. Most of our talk was bullet performance. 2 guys swear bye PB and I prefer anything else.
i am glad you guys found him. I know from personal experience how hard it is to find a deer in areas like that. I also do not hunt with powerbelts. Anything but a powerbelt for me.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just don't understand some people and there attraction to horrible bullet performance at least you all found the deer!!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok, I give up. I'll use Thors.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Muley, I knew there was hope for ya.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like to give something a fair chance, but the kill in this thread worries me. That bullet should have been a pass through.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:14 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Ok, I give up. I'll use Thors.
I thought you were only hunting rabbits with a Great Plains pistol and roundball. remember??

Old 10-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
I thought you were only hunting rabbits with a Great Plains pistol and roundball. remember??
I still do that, but that's not what I call hunting. It's plinking at Bugs.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Muley I agree but no pass thru. Deer cavity full of blood and where he laid down(or fell) a big mess pile of blood. By the looks the deer was quartering away and bullet entered behind shoulder. As you know its amazing how far a deer can run in such a short time. He wasnt pushed after the shot and I met those guys down the marsh in the am. Dead is dead I guess, and they shoot real well out of his Knight.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, dead is dead. I worry about performance on elk. It's going to be my main hunt next year, and I don't want to take chances.

I was thinking the Platinum was going to work on elk. If it can't pass through a deer. I'm not using it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.