Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New Idea For Knight >

New Idea For Knight

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Idea For Knight

Old 08-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Idea For Knight

I am assuming Knight is still using Green Mountain Barrels??

I have been reading about all the different calibers and twist rates you guys would like.

Knight needs to add a small upcharge and then put a barrel on the rifle that is ordered by the individual !! Since Green Mountain is making the barrels?? Just screw on the barrel the individual wants and ship the rifle. I don't think it would be that dfificult for them to figure that out. After all they are a small company.

Do they build their own rifles?? Or do they have someone else assemble them??

Lots of small companies offer different cartrdiges and twist rates. So why can't Knight do it?? think it would give them in roads into a semi-custom market that really does not exist right now!! Why not?? Tom.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
I am assuming Knight is still using Green Mountain Barrels??

I have been reading about all the different calibers and twist rates you guys would like.

Knight needs to add a small upcharge and then put a barrel on the rifle that is ordered by the individual !! Since Green Mountain is making the barrels?? Just screw on the barrel the individual wants and ship the rifle. I don't think it would be that dfificult for them to figure that out. After all they are a small company.

Do they build their own rifles?? Or do they have someone else assemble them??

Lots of small companies offer different cartrdiges and twist rates. So why can't Knight do it?? think it would give them in roads into a semi-custom market that really does not exist right now!! Why not?? Tom.

The barrel and the action are all one piece - they do not separate...

Knight get the barreled action built to their specs and a stock built to thier specs put them together to form the rifle. The bolt and the sights come from other vendors...