Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A Sacrifice

Old 07-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default A Sacrifice

Guys, things have been mighty slow on the forum. We need some shooting reports.

I have decided to sacrifice myself to the cause. Leaving in about two hours for a weekend at the hunting lease to do a little shooting. The weather report for tomorrow is a high of 95* and low of 72*. Heat, deer flies, skeeters and chiggers be dammed! Am I a HERO, or what?

Don't know if I'll last the whole weekend. But I plan to try Liquid Wrench in the little .32 Pedersoli flintlock, and stretch out the .58 Hawken to 75 and 100 yards. I'm also bringing along my .22 Hornet Savage Model 40 to try some new hand loads (trying to get the 100 yard groups to less than the 3/4" I've been getting. )
Old 07-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Dominant Buck

I just got in from shooting and it was 92šs out. It was hard to see through the scope because of the sweat in my eyes. I just keep telling myself that it will get cold in September. Also I shot terrible today. This rifle I was shooting is normally an excellent shooter at 50 yards. But today it was determined to hit 3 inches high for some reason. I blame the heat, as I was not letting the rifle cool enough.

So I wish you the best of luck. You do have one advantage over me.. you're used to heat, where in my case it just trashes me.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have fun Semi. Too hot for a Minnesota boy. Mid 90's here today.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wish you well Semi. I can't wait to get a report out. I'm still in FL withe the twins. But I will be leaving on Sunday. Then I will have a week or two that I will have to spend with the other grandkids. So I won't be getting a report out until maybe the middle of July at the earliest.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have fun Semi! I'm going to attempt to shoot at first light on Monday morning. It'll probably still be way too hot
Old 07-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you brought some cold beers along to drink after your shooting session.it's about 105* here today.. Ray
Old 07-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by builder459
Hope you brought some cold beers along to drink after your shooting session.it's about 105* here today.. Ray
im not even a drinker yet im sitting here relaxing with a cool one after shooting only 6 shots this evening
Old 07-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Dominant Buck

It was hot enough today that I went to town and got a bag of ice, some diet Pepsi, and other things I needed. That ice cold soda really goes down well when it was hot like it was today. We actually hit 96 degrees which is really uncommon for this time of the year here. But they said it is going to cool down tonight, so at least a person can get some sleep.

Do those of you that live in hot climates just sit in an air conditioned building when it gets hot? I mean what about the people that work outdoors... it must be uncomfortable for them?
Old 07-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Banned

cayugad needs to get out and do some fishing up in those lakes!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Fishing in this heat? Maybe some night fishing would work. Actually friends and I have a trip planned where we are taking my boat, and their group has two boats, and then we are going camping on a Muskie lake. Should be a lot of fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.