Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight TK2000

Old 12-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default Knight TK2000

does anybody know where to find choke tubes for the tk2000? back when i got mine, knight was carrying improved cyl for shooting steel shot, now it apears they have droped the line of replacemet parts. other than that, how safe would it be to shoot a 690 or 715 round ball through the turkey jug choke, in a wad or pached? i already have a 50cal that i use for deer, just want to use the shotgun more.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

I asked that same question to Knight and they said no way to shoot the round ball in that gun. The jug tube inside the barrel is right before exit of the barrel right before you screw in your choke tube. The barrel gets slightly wider inside the jug tube then constricts before exit, as a ball and patch goes through the gun they claimed the ball can get stuck in that area with the patch and blow the barrel in that section. The jug tube works excellent as the shot goes up the barrel and expands in this section then constricts before exit through the screw on choke then leaves the gun as tight as a slug gun, I have taken a bird at 62 yards with this gun. There was a website that claimed you could shoot a round ball with this gun and Knight shut them down on false advertising. If you got with a good gunsmith and have them cut the barrel to remove the section with the jug tube then the gun could be a roundball shooter as the gun is a smoothbore. Tubes are hard to come by I saw some on ebay a while back for steel shot but I just use the one that came with it and shoot lead shot.