Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

my m/l buck

Old 12-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default my m/l buck

Hey guys

Thought I would share the 9pt I got with my m/l 3 weeks ago here in VA. He's a pretty nice buck where I live...too nice to pass up for sure. He weighed 123 dressed, and I'm pretty sure he's 3.5. I'll age him better once I do the euro mount. I normally bowhunt alot more than gun or m/l, on this day I decided to change it up and take the m/l....and he came by following a doe at about 50yds.

My 13yo son was supposed to go with me that morning, but he decided not to go. Boy was he bummed when I called him to bring the truck to pick up my deer. He learned a valuable lesson that day....you can't kill one if your at home playing xbox

(he just turned 13 so he's still got kid brain, LOL)

Old 12-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

nice buck. I would not pass him up if he came by me.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

that is a dandy buck. He'd of never walked past my stand.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's a nice one for sure WV Hunter. Congratulations. I would pop a cap on him in a heartbeat.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Nice buck pal. I have been hunting in Charlotte county and have nailed one doe. I have seen lots of deer, but nothing I could put a bead on.

I will be going back up to hunt camp and hope to puta couple more deer in my freezer.

Where in Virginia are you hunting?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
Nice buck pal. I have been hunting in Charlotte county and have nailed one doe. I have seen lots of deer, but nothing I could put a bead on.

I will be going back up to hunt camp and hope to puta couple more deer in my freezer.

Where in Virginia are you hunting?
I'm up near the top of VA, near WV. Mountain deer. The county I hunt in just doesn't grow em big, unfortunately. If you get a buck that goes 110", you've done pretty darn good. I also hunt alot in WV just across the line....same thing there.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

very nice,congrats..........karl
Old 12-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

nice deer congrats
Old 12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

congrats, from across the line!
Old 12-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

The county I hunt in just doesn't grow em big, unfortunately. If you get a buck that goes 110", you've done pretty darn good
Exactly right WV Hunter. A "trophy" must be judged by the local environment.

Here's the best buck I've taken in twelve years of hunting our 900 acre piney woods lease.

He's a true trophy by our standards - a monster.

I've never scored a deer. But just for the heck of it I scored this rack a little while ago using the B&C on-line score calculator (didn't fudge a bit). He scored a whopping 99.

It's unlikely I'll ever shoot a better one in our area. But go 30 miles West to the black soil of the Mississippi River bottom lands and this one would be considered mediocre.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.