Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Accura V2 vs T/C  Bonecollector vs Vortec UL >

Accura V2 vs T/C Bonecollector vs Vortec UL

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura V2 vs T/C Bonecollector vs Vortec UL

Old 12-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

buckeyeguy

Honestly, if you're just wanting to extend your season, any of those three will work for you.

The key is finding a gun that fits you. For instance, I wanted to buy an Accura to play around with but after shouldering it, the feel was wrong for me. Some say the same about the Triumph. (which happens to fit me wonderfully)

One suggestion: Take to the store a thick coat (or whatever form of clothing you normally hunt with) and shoulder the guns. Believe it or not, it does change fit.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Spike

Wow, thanks for all of the replys!!!! I still havent made up my mind but am leaning towards the Accura v2. I wish more people had some experience with the Vortek. I like the feel of the gun. Guess I might try the trigger pulls next time to the store. Maybe I'll just use my ol TC renegade this year and not rush into buying someting too quick. I think the Bushnell 3x9 would work better on a muzzleloader than sitting on a shelf like it has for the last 5 years... The Tradition website seconds are tempting but so is the Sportmans Guide prices, tho Ive never bought from there. The bone collector is a mighty pretty gun, the salesman has one so thats all he talks....Thanks guys ...
Old 12-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Spike

Mountain Devil, What scope is on your V2? Thanks.....
Old 12-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Banned

believe it or not, its just a cheap $30 Barska 3-9x40 we got off ebay. Not expensive but so far its held recoil great and i shoot off a lead sled a lot with it.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TNHagies
buckeyeguy

Honestly, if you're just wanting to extend your season, any of those three will work for you.

The key is finding a gun that fits you. For instance, I wanted to buy an Accura to play around with but after shouldering it, the feel was wrong for me. Some say the same about the Triumph. (which happens to fit me wonderfully)

One suggestion: Take to the store a thick coat (or whatever form of clothing you normally hunt with) and shoulder the guns. Believe it or not, it does change fit.
Excellent advice!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Spike

Default Accura it is !

Pretty sure Im goin with the Accura. Sportsmans Guide has an Accura not the V2 black/white Thumbhole stock for $350 w/o scope for $300 Thats a great deal ! The next best deal on a Accura V2 is at Gander Mountain black regular stock with no scope for $400 includes a sling. I really like the thumbhole stock vs color of the stock......Whats the difference between the Accura and the Accura V2? Decisions Decisions !!!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Banned

V2 has an adjustable trigger, soft touch finish with rubber grip panels, finger removable breech plug. I personally would go with the V2. It feels a lot better in my hands than my original V1. But you the dude spending the dough so thats you decision LOL
Old 12-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Spike

Thanks Mountain Devil, the Accura from Sportsmans guide was an Accura not a V2, that is a great deal tho....gonna keep lookin for a V2 without speding lots of $$$...For as much as I'll shoot it I think The Acccura is the rifle I want...Thumbhole stock would be great...Gun show tomorrow Maybe I;ll get lucky and find one.......
Old 12-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

I give it a thumbs up on the Accura. from the Sportsmans Guide
Rifle came to day black@white stripe thumb-hole set up ,berger barrel stainless wow should be a tack driver stock feel excellent high comb.I am going to throw on a 6x straight power scope will test fire it next week
Old 12-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Spike

Lonewolf, Yep, I saw Sportsman Guide Accura, Its really hard to beat the price 350 bucks....its like 150 bucks cheaper than the V2...Im probably not gonna shoot it a whole lot, maybe thats what I need to do also....Let me know how it shoots, and what you re shooting......Congrats !