Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Renegade RB gun @ the Dinger Farm >

Renegade RB gun @ the Dinger Farm

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Renegade RB gun @ the Dinger Farm

Old 03-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

They look at me kind wierd though when i sign up as 'sabotloader'
Just tell them the it stands for Shoot A Ball Out Then - Load 'Er.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Breechplug

There is a whole string of Rondys coming up in the next 4/5 months and it really is a kick to go shoot the events.... especially now that trap shooting is done. They look at me kind wierd though when i sign up as 'sabotloader' - I have even been told "you know that you can not use sabots here don't you?"

I just love to shoot so it works very well for me... Just wish I had better eyes...
I did the Rondevo thing for awhile, the whole dress up thing and all, I was with (The Independent Mountian Men Of Pennsylvania) I agree it was a Blast shooting the courses they set up and you meet a bunch of real nice People, we'd cook on the Dutch Oven, camp in the Lodge and have a ball But things change and I drifed away as time doing the stuff we love sometimes is taken up by time that we need to do ther things.
Hope you have a Great Time there. O yea,,,the reason I bought My Dixie Gun Works 50Cal Poor Boy was for the Rondy's.
(BP)
Old 03-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Breech

I do the shooting events but other than that i have not gotten real involved. Still pretty much in civilian clothes and use a full few things that a regular Rondy person would use.

When i was teaching at the local Junior High I was teaching US History and Idaho History and we spent a lot of time talking about the the 1800's, the people and the events - it was my favorite period of time... I use to get permission form the principal to bring ia couple of side hammers, show the kids have then load them with black pepper and a patched round ball. They would put a piece of leather on the nipple for a cap and pull the trigger at a picture of a bear on the wall. I would then use a CO2 gizmo to blow the ball out of the gun at a suspended blanket on the wall. it was great fun and the kids loved it. Eventually other classes started coming over and watching also.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sabotloader
Yea I bet the Class had a Fun Time doing that, but try and get away with that today and you'd have the S.W.A.T. Team there. I once brought in My BB Gun for Show N Tell, took it on the Bus, No Problems at all.Too bad as kid's today should know how there forefathers put food on the table. The 1800's are My Favorite time also, I'd imagine what it was like to live back then and what I'd be doing, Life was so much more simple and Pure back then.
But between the Civil War, short Life expectdency,Disease's, getting run over by a herd of Buffalo and all the Gun fights at High Noon, you wonder how long one would last,LOL! But it sure would have been FUN!
(BP)