Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Killed a Boar Hog Today >

Killed a Boar Hog Today

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Killed a Boar Hog Today

Old 01-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Killed a Boar Hog Today

Was watching a spring from a tree stand. This boar came in accompanied by about 15 other hogs. Waited until this one stopped and turned broadside. Aimed low behind the shoulder and fired. At the shot the hog bang flopped. The bullet did not exit. This is my second hog of 2010 and my first killed this year with a muzzleloader.

The place where i killed this hog is only about 25 miles from my normal stomping grounds but some the hogs there are vastly different. These are the ugliest hogs anywhere.

Attitude: Standing broadside slightly angling away.
Range: About 60 yards
Gun: CVA Stag Horn
Powder: 100 grains of 2F Goex Pinnacle
Bullet: 240 grain .430 XTP
Primer; Winchester shotgun
Attached Thumbnails Killed a Boar Hog Today-boar-6-jan-10-small-.jpg  

Last edited by falcon; 01-06-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boy thats a wooly rascal for sure, congratulations on your hog.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Spike

That little piggy should of stayed home. Nice shootin, i can't wait to get after some pork chops.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Banned

thats got to be the ugliest looking hog ive ever seen LOL. congrats on the shot and kill
Old 01-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man is it part sheep lol, how they taste.what state you shooting these wooly beasts in?grats on the hog!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

thats got to be the ugliest looking hog ive ever seen LOL.
Think so huh. Just look at this one.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs...-werewolf.html

Man is it part sheep lol, how they taste.what state you shooting these wooly beasts in?grats on the hog!
They taste great, best pork on the planet. I live in SW Oklahoma. This hog was killed near the Red River.

Last edited by falcon; 01-06-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Dominant Buck

It's a good thing you shot that ugly rascal before it had time to breed. If we have to put up with wild hogs, at least they should be good looking wild hogs. Nice shooting Falcon. Them hogs must have warning pictures of you posted all over the place... run if you see the Falcon.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

falcon

Congrats on the harvest - but it is u-glee... I realy wishwe had those around here... but everytime I say that in public - people around go nuts - especially the farmers.. Oh well!

Looks like a ton of fun...
Old 01-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto as Sabotloader said, I wish we had something else besides Coyotes to Hunt after Deer Season ends, but then I'd never get any work done! LOL. Long story short, this Deer Season a local guy, (neighbor by one of our Hunting Lands) shot and killed a Wild Bore. He called us that night to come and see it, along with the local newspaper as there are NO Wild Hogs here. Sure enough it was a Hog. He said he was on his way back from his stand when it came running at him so he shot it.
Shorter story long....after the news hit the local paper a friend who lives near by called him to tell him it WAS HIS PET PIG! it escaped about a month ago. The story gets better......after he felt like a real ass he even felt worse as his story was the pig came at him, well when we were there checking out the pig it was shot in the ass, so how does a pig get shot in the ass when it's comming at you??? We all bashed him saying the pig was just happy to finally see someone and was hungry, and when it seen his ugly face it ran the other way....then he shot....LOL!
Anyway Nice Ugly Pig you got there, hope it tase a-lot better than he looks!
BP
Old 01-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey! I know that hog. I think he dated my sister in high school.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.