Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What would you do?????? >

What would you do??????

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What would you do??????

Old 12-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What would you do??????

Well here it is 5 days till the end of our N.Y. Shotgun Season and then only 9 days of Late ML Season. You have 2 Buck Tags and 2 Doe tags left......your Weather has been Warm and Rainy most of the season and the deer just have'nt been moving. You have passed up some small bucks in hopes of the Big Bucks you saw during Archery Season but none have showed there faces. You also let some nice Bucks walk during Archery Season to get the Big one and now your day's are running out. You have the tags, you love to eat Deer Meat and you only have one Big Doe so far in the Freezer. What would you do the next time you have a deer in your sights?
Would you shoot any Buck with horns? any sizeable Doe? or go Hungry?????? or any deer that's legal game? We just finally got out first Snow of the Season, Long Awaited and LATE, the Deer are just starting to move.....there's a Big Snow Storm comming tomorrow with 50-60 MPH winds that will eat up the last 2 possibly 3 of the last 5 days of Gun Season, then you have 9 day's of ML Season and it's over......what would you do?????
I usually only shoot Big Deer, the Wife that usually fills the freezer with meat only hunted one day and did'nt get a deer, then she had to have carpel tunnel surgery,,,,,the freezer is LOW!
(BP)
Old 12-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd use up the doe tags, and save just one buck tag til the last day or two!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd put meat in the freezer Breechplug. Anything after that is a bonus.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would be shooting anything that is legal. Its time to put some meat in the freezer.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Spike

Iam a deer hunter if I had the tags what ever come by is getting lead sent it's way.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Dominant Buck

With that many tags left, I would fill the freezer ASAP. You have a large snow storm headed your way and then very cold temperatures. We are going through the storm right now.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 PM
SDK
Spike

I would agree with filling that freezer. It's not like deer are scarce in your area. I moved to Oregon from Long Island two years ago, and deer were becoming a serious problem by the time I left. You couldn't go to the beach or a state park without dodging deer left and right...
Old 12-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Spike

I myself am not a "trophy hunter". I prefer to hunt doe as I like the meat better and it helps cull the herd. I agree with others, get meat in the freezer and save the bucks till the end. Just my .02 Good Luck.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

take a mature doe
Old 12-09-2009, 02:28 AM
Fork Horn

It's a no brainer! You are going to have to walk out of the woods, how come your not dragging a doe?

Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.