Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Has anyone tried Buffalo Bul-etts >

Has anyone tried Buffalo Bul-etts

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Has anyone tried Buffalo Bul-etts

Old 04-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Has anyone tried Buffalo Bul-etts

Has any one shot these in 50cal for white tail?
Old 04-09-2003, 03:04 AM

Default RE: Has anyone tried Buffalo Bul-etts

If I am thinking of the correct item, my dad uses them as well as my brother in law. He (dad) has had a couple of shots, but failed to connect on the animals. Everything was good: fairly close range (<50 paces), animal was right on treeline standing broadside. Best as I could figure, the bullet sort of " sailed" . Posssibly from deforming the nose during loading? It may have just been that his gun doesn' t really care for them, seeing he had identical results (although they seemed good at the range). I' m not really sure.
The B.I.L. has had better results, connecting on two small forkhorns at approximatly 60 and 80 paces. The bullet performed considerably better (mushrooming and staying intact) at the farthest range. The first animal (60 paces) went about 25-30 yards. The second dropped in its tracks. Well, maybe a yard or two, lol.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Spike

Tried them in a TC Renagade several years ago - both the flat base and hollow base. The flat base would be good for shooting at elephants under 15 yards if you wanted to hit something!!! The hollow base shot fairly well, but not as good as TC Maxi' s so never used them for hunting. Each gun is different as to how they handle different bullets. Info I had at the time was that the flat base should have shot best.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

I have shot them in my T/C .54 caliber Renegade a while back, and they shot alright. I shot one whitetail with them. It was close range, around 25 yards, and I did a head shot, and the deer never moved. Like vERN my renegade also liked the T/C maxi hunters and round balls much better. I also make my own 300 grain pure lead conical out of a LEE bullet mold. These are flat bottom, and really seem to shoot well out of my Renegade.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:27 PM

I use Buffalo bullets in my T/C Hawken 50 and they are more accurate for me than anything else that I have tried in that particular gun.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should correct the name,it' s Buffalo Ball-etts.Supposed to be a cross between ball and conical.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

I use thr ball-ets in my T/c firestorm and my greyhawk. They are easy to load and very accurate in both rifles.I have killed 2 deer with the 54 cal ball-ets in my greyhawk and 1 deer with the 50 cal ball-ets in my firestorm.I think they work great.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Sam,that' s what I want to hear.I think now I' ll get some and try them.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:01 PM

I' ve tried the ball-etts in several rifles, 50 & 54 cal and got very poor accuracy with heavy hunting loads. The Buffalo Bullets, however, have been very good performers for me.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:32 AM

10 YEARS AGO I STARTED MUZZLELOADER HUNTING WITH A THOMPSON RENEGADE (1:48 TWIST). I USED AND KILLED A COUPLE OF DEER WITH THE BUFFALO BULLETS BEFORE CHANGING TO THE SABOTS. THE BUFF. BULL WERE FAIRLY ACCURATE OUT TO 50 YARDS BUT SEEMED TO OPEN UP QUITE A BIT AFTER THAT.[:-]