Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Help for a ML nube.... >

Help for a ML nube....

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Help for a ML nube....

Old 12-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Smile Help for a ML nube....

Hey guys,
I was lucky enough to get a CVA accura for christmas along with a Cabelas starter kit, extra patches and 1 lb of triple 7 powder. The starter kit included solvent, patches, a starter, super jag, speed loaders, super lube and 20 250 grain T/C shockwaves. I know I need to get a powder holder and measurer and 209 primers. Is there anything else that I need/should get? I'm mainly looking for advice on cleaning supplies. Any suggestions would be helpful. I know there is a lot of experience on this board and can't wait to see your replies!

Last edited by MO-KS_hunter; 12-26-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh I remember last Christmas so well, I got my first ACCURA.....Oh the Joy!......it seems like you got most everything you need for now execpt a cleaning kit if you dont already have one with a brass brush or nylon brush. Also one of the most important things in my opinion is a good oil. I use Montana Extreme Bore Conditioner in the barrel after cleaning and Birchwood Casey Barricade Oil for the rest of the moving parts. Other than that you should be good to go for now. I have no experience with T7 Powder, I use regular Pyrodox RS in My ACCURA, 105 & 110grs with a 240gr XTP Mag Sabot and T7 and Win W209 Primers, I get 1" at 100 and 2" at 200yd groups with these loads. Any questions with your ACCURA feel free to ask.
Good Luch and Happy Shooting!
Ron (BP)
Old 12-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks BP, do you know if they sell those at Cabelas or Basspro? I have one of each within 10 minutes drive . Also, don't you have a Leupold Ultimate Slam on your Accura? If so, how do you like it? I'm thinking of getting the silver 2-7 X 33 version of the scope.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MO-KS_hunter
Thanks BP, do you know if they sell those at Cabelas or Basspro? I have one of each within 10 minutes drive . Also, don't you have a Leupold Ultimate Slam on your Accura? If so, how do you like it? I'm thinking of getting the silver 2-7 X 33 version of the scope.
I know Cabela's selle em, not sure of Bass pro. yes I have the Leupold USML Scope on one of My ACCURA's, I love it! I also have a Bushnell Dusk to Dawn on my other ACCURA, it's just as nice and about 1/3 the $$ but if I had to choose it would be the Leupold.
If Cabela's is that close to you and since there offering Free Shipping I'd go there and see if you can get a even better deal on it than there offering since you can pick it up on the spot. I always work em on the price, My Wife get's embarrassed, but I always seem to get a better deal, you got to work em, we got the $$$ and they want it.
Good Luck
Ron (BP)
Old 12-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
I know Cabela's selle em, not sure of Bass pro. yes I have the Leupold USML Scope on one of My ACCURA's, I love it! I also have a Bushnell Dusk to Dawn on my other ACCURA, it's just as nice and about 1/3 the $$ but if I had to choose it would be the Leupold.
If Cabela's is that close to you and since there offering Free Shipping I'd go there and see if you can get a even better deal on it than there offering since you can pick it up on the spot. I always work em on the price, My Wife get's embarrassed, but I always seem to get a better deal, you got to work em, we got the $$$ and they want it.
Good Luck
Ron (BP)
I actually found a USML on ebay for $229.00 plus $10 shipping. This is $30 cheaper than Cabelas. I was just wondering about the cleaning supplies. Thanks BP.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually found a USML on ebay for $229.00 plus $10 shipping. This is $30 cheaper than Cabelas. I was just wondering about the cleaning supplies. Thanks BP.
I like E-Bay and have bought and sold on it for years, but for the $30 I'd buy a new one. Leupold does have a Lifetime Quarantee and it goes from owner to owner so you should'nt have to worry, but if it was me I'd buy new, the deal is'nt all that good. I'd offer him $150.........as for the cleaning supplies are you set on your replies?
(BP)
Old 12-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
I like E-Bay and have bought and sold on it for years, but for the $30 I'd buy a new one. Leupold does have a Lifetime Quarantee and it goes from owner to owner so you should'nt have to worry, but if it was me I'd buy new, the deal is'nt all that good. I'd offer him $150.........as for the cleaning supplies are you set on your replies?
(BP)
No, that's $229 brand new. There are a lot of small sporting good shops with little to no overhead that can outprice the major retailers like BP and Cabelas. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D2
Old 12-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, that's $229 brand new. There are a lot of small sporting good shops with little to no overhead that can outprice the major retailers like BP and Cabelas. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D2
I guess it's fine then, I got mine last Christmas from Cabela's with a $30 dscount and also marked down $20 plus Free Shipping Plus a Free Scope Cover from Leupold, could'nt beat that deal!
Go For It, but look around many deals are ut there.
(BP)
Old 12-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cabelas has a 20 dollar off if you spend over a hundred, now until 1/11.I would buy it there if it is only ten minutes away,if it breaks you could just take it back there.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

Buy a bag of patches, and before you leave, buy another bag of patches.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.