Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 It finally showed up.... >

It finally showed up....

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

It finally showed up....

Old 04-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default It finally showed up....

Bushnell finally got the new scope to me they promised month ago. It is a Elite 3200 (#323940B) -> 3x9x40 with fast focus, rain guard and the new ballistic reticule.

I really like the old one - it was simple and really clean. When you look at this new one it seems crowded and way to busy so I was really thinking I would not like it.

So now that I have it - I really do like it. It is not messy at all - the marking are not even close to being as heavy as this picture indicates - but all the markings are there - it is awesome.

The 3200 comes with the 600 yard reticule - which means nothing to me because I do not use the reticule as instructed. When I need the BR the scope is going to be on 9x anyway so really all I need to know is the range of the target - because long before I hunt with it - i will shoot it and verify where and how the markings line up.

The new Trophy comes with the same reticule but is a 250 yard ML/Shotgun range with probably a 75 yard parallax.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: It finally showed up....

Wow!

That looks Great

And I agree, it's not too "Busy" at all

A real keeper!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good deal sabotloader. After all, a month isn't so long (compared to the time to hunting season again).
Old 04-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

I swear i wpuld call Bushnell and they kept saying it on the way... the last guy said the ship had cleared the islands.... so I just began to think - you know the "slow boat from ..." Well it finally made it.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

LaneNebraska

I am going to drop it on the new Triumph tonight - I really do like it - but I know I am biased...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

I almost got one of those but chose the nikon instead. If I remember right the eye relief was 3". I really liked that scope but I was concerned about that. But it looked real nice and clear in the store.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

omegasmoke

If I remember right the eye relief was 3"
Close, on 9x the eye relief is 3.3" as you back the power down of curse the eye relif gts larger.

In my case I am not concerned about it because I already have 4 of them and have been shooting them for years. Even have one on my 300 Win Mag - Tikka Lite. I think one of the reasons they work for is I am not recoil conscious so it really does not bother me. Well I need to take a little of that back... I hate pulling the trigger on a 3 1/2" - 12 gauge turkey load... that does recoil in a light 870 with a short barrel...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Those ballistic reticles are really nice. I have 3 of themin Burris scopes and one in the Nikon. Don't have any Bushnells yet. I put the one Burris to the test a few years ago out in Wyoming on a nice 4x4 mulie thatwe stalked for close to 5 hours and caught up to him on a wide open slope. The guide I was with ranged him 3 times and came up with 437 yds. I bracketed his shoulder between the 400 and 500 yd stadia lines and squeezed the trigger on my trusty 270 and watched him buckle and drop in the scope. Now I wouldn't do that with any rifle nor would I have attempted that shot if I hadn't practiced distance shhoting all summer. But I had that rifle for about 30 years and I know it will shoot 1/2" groups all day long at 100 yds and the scope was sighted in for that load.
Now a muzzy, I wouldn't shoot over 150 - 175yds with confidence. At least not at an animal.
But Sabot, I do like that reticle.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new toy.Will be waiting for the report.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

My PH wears the same scope but without fast focus. With 110gr of BH209 and a 275 Parker BE the third crosshair is dead on at 200yds with the scope set at 9 power. I also shoot gongs out at 300-400 with it for kicks. My whitetail shots are at 40yds (I hope)!

I love the scope. No problem with the eye relief for me.

Quick Reply: It finally showed up....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.