Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 muzzleloader scope help >

muzzleloader scope help

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

muzzleloader scope help

Old 03-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default muzzleloader scope help

I need some help. I'm considering two scopes for my Black Synthetic T/C Triumph w/ Weathershield that I picked up this winter. 1.) Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 silver or 2.) Bushnell Trophy silver 3-9x40. Iwant to get the Prostaff, but money might be an issue. I noticed the Trophy when I was surfing the net and looking at catalogs. Doesanyone have feedback? I have a prostaff on my 20 ga. slug gun and like it.Does anyone have the Bushnell Trophy on any high power guns?If so, how does it perform? Is it a good enough scope for my Triumph? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: muzzleloader scope help

Of the two.. the Nikon Pro Staff is a great scope. Have you looked around? Sometimes you can get a Nikon for around $120.00 check Natches.com
Old 03-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have to second that. The Prostaff over the Trophy. If you have to, wait a bit longer and spend the little extra. Scopes are something you don't buy everyday. Another option is maybe going with the 2-7x. Plenty of magnification for the ML.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

+3. And if you check eBay you can get the ProStaff even cheaper than Natches. Pay a little more now or a little more later...
Old 03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

I have a 1.75x4 trophy on my triumph for 200rnds now and its held up fine.plus it has a huge field of view. karl
Old 03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Spike

The new 3x9x40 Trophy is supposed to come with Bushnell's new DOA recticle for the muzzleloader and have 5" of eye relief (specs shown on Bushnell.com)
Old 03-11-2009, 05:36 PM

No doubt bushnell makes a good scope. But all of the ones i ownexcept the 3200 have been replace by nikons. If it were me i would stick with the prostaff
Old 03-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the help guys. As SWThomas says...
Pay a little more now or a little more later...
I have used that motto with guns and bow equipmentand haven't been dissapointed.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have both, both have given excellent service, if I was to suggest one it would have to be the Nikon Omega, I recently put one on my Triumph and while it was the most expensive of the 3 I really do like it. Lee
Old 03-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Bushnell Trophy that has been on My 54 Cal Remington 700 for over 12 years. I have shot the rifle so much I never could guess how much. I know for a fact I shot up 3 bottles of Clear shot thru it. And When APP came out switched to T7.

I have not had a lick of trouble with the scope. I liked it so well I bought a second one a year ago for my 50 cal. It has only had about two bottles of T7 shot tru it with that scope.

I looked at a pro staff and could not see the $30.00 dollar difference.
I have several Bushnells scopes on center fires and nary a problem with them. I did how ever have to send a loopy back for a problem that was only on a 243. Of course they fixed it but it is an extra scope on the shelf now, wouldn't even think of replaceing a bushnell with it.

Al

Quick Reply: muzzleloader scope help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.