Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Lanes powder tubes with BH209, and tubes from Western Powder >

Lanes powder tubes with BH209, and tubes from Western Powder

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lanes powder tubes with BH209, and tubes from Western Powder

Old 03-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Spike

Default RE: Lanes powder tubes with BH209, and tubes from Western Powder

I use the clear coin tubes with the screw on capsmade for dimes, will hold 150 gr +by volume and are water proof at a cost of 13 cents each, work very well.
Don
Old 03-22-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LaneNebraska

ORIGINAL: Screwbolts

Lane has a Blow out sale on right now on the smaller vials!!!

Lane has the sale on the 5ML tubes the smaller ones he offers, they will hold 7.5 ML total but are have grads to 5ML

He will ship them cont. USA for $.25 apiece in lots of 20 minimum.

http://dougsmessageboards.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=selling&action=display&thr ead=860

Actually it's both Large and Small tubes

And posted it here in the Hunting gear area as well:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3337658

I just bought a 100 of the 10ML size, the 5ML ones look like they would work for my Savage 44g 5744 or 53g or 4198 or 67g of 4198, but I know the 10ML will, so bought them. I don't keep my bullets with my loose powder, since some of the powder gets up the side of the sabot and when I dump it into the bore I loose some, so I alway put bullets in a separate speed loader. Slower of course, but really "speed loader" is kind of a "misprint', if ya want speed loader with a MLer get a Ruger Number 1 in 45/70 and shoot cartridges, then ya have a 'speed loader' in single shot. Chap
Old 03-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

gleason.chapman

For hunting I still use the TC 4 in 1 - for range work the tubes are great....

If you were to use the TC 4 in 1 loader the bullets and powder are stored in the same container but in separate compartments + you would even have a bit of a short starter built in.... the powder never touches the bullet or sabot.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Spike

Sabotloader,

Do you have any problems with the lids of those speedloaders coming loose and spilling the contents? I have had this problem with the TC speedloaders I use and I keep them in a possibles bag. Any hints to prevent this from happening?

Ben
Old 03-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how big these tubes are, but I ordered 100 vials similar to these from Randy Wakeman a few years ago along with some of his higher-grade vent liners. They have white caps, and hold 45 grains of AA-5744 with room to spare, and they'll each hold 2 250gr bullets with sabots, or one 300gr bullet with sabot for sure (depending on the bullet, sometimes two). I don't remember how much they cost, but they were cheap, they are totally air and water tight, and they'll last forever if you keep track of them. They are great for both hunting and going to the range. I weigh my powder charges at home with my RCBS scale, dump them into the vials and go to the range. When I hunt I have at least three in my pocket for reloads. They are great for load workups too, since the Lee dippers don't offer enough precision to do a proper workup. I can weigh the charges and write the weights on the vial with a fine magic marker or label maker. They are also the perfect size for dumping the powder into the muzzle without a funnel.

These larger ones should work great for the bulkier powders.

Mike

Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

benamen

You know I have really not.. they snap down really snug all the way around... infact they are a little tough to pop open. I just throw then in my side pack also....

Check one of yours and see if when you push it closed that it snaps all the way around the top not just where pushed it closed.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

benamen
I have had that problem to, what I do now is to wrap a small rubber band around the portion that stores the cap and the lid there so that I can quickly roll it off with my thumb if need be. I also keep one with out a rubber band in my shirt or vest pocket in case I want to reload quickly. Lee
Old 03-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

gleason.chapman

For hunting I still use the TC 4 in 1 - for range work the tubes are great....

If you were to use the TC 4 in 1 loader the bullets and powder are stored in the same container but in separate compartments + you would even have a bit of a short starter built in.... the powder never touches the bullet or sabot.
I have 1 of those, they have the little knob to use as a short starter.I don't know where I got mine, I do use that as my 1st reload for my Savage. Didn't know it was a TC or where to get them, do you have a link. Thanks Mike. Chap
Old 03-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine are different than these then. Mine are twist-top caps.

I've also had the flip-top caps come open in the field. Hard to load a rifle with powder that's loose in your pocket. [:@]

Mike

Old 03-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Chap

These are the ones I use... may be a better place to get them though

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

Quick Reply: Lanes powder tubes with BH209, and tubes from Western Powder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.