Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CNN: Should hunters switch to 'green' bullets >

CNN: Should hunters switch to 'green' bullets

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CNN: Should hunters switch to 'green' bullets

Old 03-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default CNN: Should hunters switch to 'green' bullets

Only a matter of time - I remember reading about this somewhere on HNI.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/science/03/04/green.bullets/index.html
Old 03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: CNN: Should hunters switch to 'green' bullets

Just another band wagon for the uninformed to jump on.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

dustyr...Did you see the article a couple of weeks back about heavy metals in Badin Lake...As you know, this lake was formed during WW-II and Alcoa uses the power to make aluminum...The only problem is, now we can't eat the fish out of there...

It's the same way on many rivers down in eastern NC...The pollution from coal powered plantsrains down on our eastern rivers andnow rivers like the Chowan have posters at boat ramps warning about eating fish fromthe waters...

They have bigger fish to fry than the few lead balls that I might leave out there with my flintlock...Look at the Civil Warbattlefields...Do folks around Gettysburyhave a higherrate of health problems than folks from other areas???

I'm 53, been shooting flintlocks since 1977 and I'm not changing...
Old 03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

nchawkeye. . .
Yeah, I read all about that. I live in the extreme north central part of Rowan County - major issue out here concerns ALCOA and the Yadkin River (and High Rock Lake).

Ya' know, this stuff has been going on for years. Ever since Love Canal, people with nothing better to do jump on any bandwagon that grabs their fancy. especially if it involves the "environment". Sometimes its valid, but most times its just blowing smoke. It goes both ways.

People have been shooting game, especially deer, with lead for more years than I can think of. IMHO, this lead scare actually relates back to the use of lead based paint and all those kids eating the stuff peeling off the walls. Can you imagine how much peeling paint a kid would have to eat to even begin to impact their metabolism (DNA)? There is a bigger issue with that than lead in paint.

BTW . . . where are you in North Carolina?

Old 03-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

CNN is a liberal spew monger network... no longer pay attention to those morons...
Old 03-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

I live in CA and as you know, CA is very strict on many things. When I started flyfishing I used lead weights to nymph with. Then restrictions came out and we all switched to tin shot. A little more expencive but not too bad. I have been hunting with lead bullets since I started hunting. Fowl hunting I have to use steel shot, flyfishing I have to use tin weights and now I am going to use the Barnes for ML hunting. Not cuz its copper, cuz its a better bullet I think. Lead at the range though.