Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 bases for T/C Traditional rifles >

bases for T/C Traditional rifles

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

bases for T/C Traditional rifles

Old 02-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Default bases for T/C Traditional rifles

Well I have been asked over and over if there are bases out there for the Thompson Center Hawkins, Renegades, Black Mountain Magnums, and New Englanders, PA Hunter, and other rifles...so some of us can mount scopes on them... there are. I called Thompson Center and talked to a very nice young lady who was very helpful. These also fit on the Green Mountain drop in barrels.

I just bought them all up. Kidding!!! These are the mounts that the hammer will miss. You still have to get the rings of your choice, I suggest quick release, and there is no adjustment to the hammer needed. Remember, your rifle will loose the rear sight when you mount this, and make sure your barrel is tapped at the very back of the barrel or you have to send in your barrel, they will tap the barrel and mount the base for you. But they want to do it. Maybe it has something to do with warranty, I did not ask.

Go to the Thompson Center Arms Accessory shop. These mounts are not listed on their web site, so you have to call (Online Sales: 1-800-350-5915 (M-F 9-5 EST)) and talk to the very nice young lady who will set you up and sell you them over the phone.

For the Hawkins, Renegade and other octagon style barrels you will need
# B30088 and the cost is $31.95

For the New Englander, Black Mountain Magnum, PA Hunter and other round ball rifles that are traditional, you will need #B30090 and the cost is $31.95.

Shipping for the two of them is around $9.00 so there is the information you asked for.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bases for T/C Traditional rifles

with my synthetic stock new englander i had to add a leather shotgun cheek piece. the way the buttstock curves downward makes shouldering tough and the scope too high. i needed almost a 1 inch rise and that was with using medium scope rings. with the cabelas shotgun cheek pad its fast handling now. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0005794220711a
Old 02-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: bases for T/C Traditional rifles

Good poop Cayugad. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

I've had this in my favorites for a couple years its great info....I found a couple bases on e-bay and won the bids I'm pretty pumped up about it
Old 08-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Old 08-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

here's the info from the bid For your consideration (1) one Thompson Center Weaver Style Scope Mount Kit for their Hawken, Pennsylvania Hunter or White Mountain Carbine. This set is for T/C caplock mussleloaders right hand only. This set is part number 9994. The kit includes: blued T/C adapter, Weaver Style Base and Medium Height Detachable Rings. This item is new/old stock. Please see pictures. No returns on this item. Please ask any questions before bidding. Sales to United States and Canada only. If you are from Canada please let me know before you bid so I can get you a shipping cost.
This is the only one of these that I have.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

NEW IN THE PACKAGE SCOPE MOUNTING KIT #9996 SAYS FOR RENEGADE AND BIG BEAR. ALSO LISTING OTHER HUNTING AND GUN STUFF FROM THE SAME ESTATE TONIGHT......whats the odds of finding these both with in a couple days lol
Old 08-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

In 1986 I wanted to scope my .54 renegade, T/C said they would void my warranty if I drilled and tapped it. They said they had a rail mounted 2.5x pistol scope that would use my rear sight screw holes, and this would not void my warranty. I put it on and was able to use it to this day, I am glad they will now drill the tang (I think that is what they will drill and tap) to put a regular base on. Is this a weaver base?

I like to hear this info as T/C does not make the rail mount scope any more.

Last edited by d.winsor; 08-11-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

d.winsor i'll post anything I can when I get them but they don't come with the tang I'm thinking this kit will have the mounts cayugad was talking about plus a weaver base and rings...when I see the tangs drilled on e-bay I allways thought it was for peep sights
Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Groan.........

Quick Reply: bases for T/C Traditional rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.