Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Thompson Center Scout Pistol >

Thompson Center Scout Pistol

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson Center Scout Pistol

Old 12-26-2008, 11:00 PM

Default Thompson Center Scout Pistol

Does anyone else own one of these pistols, I know that I havn't seen any at gun shows or heard talk of them much. The one I have is a 50 cal. and shoots very well and I would really like to find the Scout carbine. Heck if it were legal in Ohio I would use it for sure but it is not, and really I don't understand why.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Thompson Center Scout Pistol

I think I read about them but never seen one. Post a picture of it. That would be interesting.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Spike

Default RE: Thompson Center Scout Pistol

Just happen to know a felow who has a .50 TC Scout carbine. He may be talked into parting iwth it or even trading for something of equal value.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Spike

Default scout

Originally Posted by lumberjack53
Does anyone else own one of these pistols, I know that I havn't seen any at gun shows or heard talk of them much. The one I have is a 50 cal. and shoots very well and I would really like to find the Scout carbine. Heck if it were legal in Ohio I would use it for sure but it is not, and really I don't understand why.
I own one and am trying to find out the value.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I saw one at a gun show once. It looked like it would be fun, but the seller and I could not agree on a price (I'm kinda` cheap).

Anyway - and only slightly related - take a look at the new Traditions in-line pistol.
http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/pr...4ed8ab66fab03c
Old 10-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I remember when they first come out. I was selling TC products at the time. The carbine and handgun were very popular items. There are a bunch of them out there. It is just that people like them and hold onto them. I have seen a few for sale. They handle well and shoot well. But then what else would you expect from a TC.

The only thing I did not like about them was the hammer. The hammer had a funny "Feel" to me. Never had a problem with one of the hammers, just thought they felt a little funky. Tom.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
I saw one at a gun show once. It looked like it would be fun, but the seller and I could not agree on a price (I'm kinda` cheap).

Anyway - and only slightly related - take a look at the new Traditions in-line pistol.
http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/pr...4ed8ab66fab03c
Being retired has made me real CHEAP!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a Patriot and have shot a friends Scout quit a bit. They are both amazingly accurate and very hard hitting. The down side is that they are very awkward to carry if you are carrying a rifle as a primary weapon.