Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

t/c triumph

Old 12-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Spike

Default t/c triumph

Hey guys might be buying a triump really soon and need some real fast feedback on that and the bdc redicle nikon scope thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: t/c triumph

I bought the Nikon Omega scope with the duplex reticle. I don't like all the extra junk on the BDC cross hairs. If the BDC circles are not exactly on they are useless. I will aim a little high if I have to shoot far, but ML shooting is close for me anyway. I like getting in close. The BDC reticle is marketing hype as is Shockwave bullets.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 PM
mountaineer magic

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

I bought the Nikon Omega scope with the duplex reticle. I don't like all the extra junk on the BDC cross hairs. If the BDC circles are not exactly on they are useless. I will aim a little high if I have to shoot far, but ML shooting is close for me anyway. I like getting in close. The BDC reticle is marketing hype as is Shockwave bullets.
I strongly disagree with you on that statement. I took two long distance deer this year with my Triumph. one at 186 yards and one at 234 yards using 250 gr superglide shockwaves and the nikon omega bdc scope. With the bdc reticle I can shoot much farther with better accuracy and the shockwaves perfrom flawlessly.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also use a Triumph with an Omega Nikon, They will work but don't expect it to be with out work on your part.
First you have to find the load you will use, the only one I know of that very many Triumph or Omega shoot accurate enough that is fast enough to match the scope is 120 gr Blackhorn 209[ which can be hard to find ] and a short black harvester sabot with the 250 SW mine happens to shoot that load with in aminute of angle and will match the BDC reasonable close. but there are two other ways to approach the problem.
For a while until I started using BH 209 I shot 777 and the 110 gr load that shot accurate enough for long range did not match the BDC so I sighted in 3 inches high at 100 yds and dead on at 160 and the first ring was on at 200. you can also shoot it to find out where they fall and mark it down and use a range finder to check your distance[which I do any way]. But expect to put some work into finding a load that is accurate enough and then determining where every thing falls. I will say that it is a whole lot more accurate than 97 percent of people could eyeball. Lee