logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
Nontypical Buck

Default What's the difference between Triple 7 and regular Pyrodex Pellets?

I know one buddy said he shot Tripple Seven pellets although I think he said he got the regular ones this year. I've seen them at both Wal-Mart and the gun store and at both places they are a few dollars more than just the regular Pyrodex 50/50 pellets I've been using. What's the difference? Would it be worth trying? My muzzle loader is pretty accurate at 100 yards with 100 grains of Pyrodex so 2 pellets and a 295 Powerbelt Hollow Point bullet. It will shoot and touch the holes together at 100 yards. I really like how it shoots and I killed a nice 8 pointer at around 123 yards or so with it this year so I don't really see a reason to change the combination I'm shooting but just wondered what the difference was.
hometheaterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What's the difference between Triple 7 and regular Pyrodex Pellets?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

I know one buddy said he shot Tripple Seven pellets although I think he said he got the regular ones this year. I've seen them at both Wal-Mart and the gun store and at both places they are a few dollars more than just the regular Pyrodex 50/50 pellets I've been using. What's the difference? Would it be worth trying? My muzzle loader is pretty accurate at 100 yards with 100 grains of Pyrodex so 2 pellets and a 295 Powerbelt Hollow Point bullet. It will shoot and touch the holes together at 100 yards. I really like how it shoots and I killed a nice 8 pointer at around 123 yards or so with it this year so I don't really see a reason to change the combination I'm shooting but just wondered what the difference was.
Power wise they are about equal. But Triple Se7en does not fowl as much as Pyrodex. For best accuracy you still have to swab, and at the end of the day you still have to clean the rifle. And they are more expensive. If my rifle shot well with the Pyrodex I would hunt with the Pyrodex. Maybe for fun on the range, try some triple Se7en pellets. Also there is a magnum T-7 pellet. Which is stronger then the others.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck, screaming Yahoo, with a big smile on your face."
cayugad is offline   Reply With Quote