Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Endeavor Day 1 >

T/C Endeavor Day 1

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Endeavor Day 1

Old 11-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Spike

Default T/C Endeavor Day 1

Hey,
I have been poking around these forums now for the last few months and finally went out and spoiled myself. A frind of mine told me to get a muzzleloader for the controled hunt here in Ontario and I was like Nah...too much work cleaning and preperation w/a muzzleloader.
But I put in for it anyways and got in so....started looking into forums and reading up on Muzzleloaders then I saw the video on the T/C Encore Endeavor and I was SOLD.
Did some more reading and ordered my new toy.
Got it last week but have been busy w/work and kids so no time to sight it in till today.

Purchased a Nikon Omega w/a DMZ scope mountfor it, HIGHLY recommend both.
I was shooting 150g TripleSe7en pelletsw/a 250g Shockwave super glide sabots w/a Winchester triple Se7en 209 Primer.

First 2 shots were bottom right @ 50 yards (was happy i was on the paper!!! )
Adjusted scope and shot 2 a little high from center.

Moved to 100 yards and adjusted a little bit....Bulls Eye, Bulls Eye and Bulls Eye

A friend shot the one bottom right of center....he wants one now too.

Cleaned w/a wet patch (T-17) and a dry patch after every shot.

I have never used/shot a Muzzle loader before andWOW amI am hooked.

Only complaint was that the PRE-SATURATED patches from T/C were damp if that....in TC's video they show the guy wringing out the cleaner because they put sooo much in....not even close.

My first wet patch got stuck...luckily i bought some T-17 Bore cleaner otherwise I would of had a short day. I had to put bore cleaner on EVERY patch before i sent it down or it would get stuck.

Opening day for the second muzzlehunt is this Monday...can not wait to get into my tree stand!!!

Thanks for the tips and insight!
Cheers
GIBB

Old 11-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: T/C Endeavor Day 1

nice shooting.. and that's a beautiful rifle. If those pre soaked patches are too wet, put them between two boards and put a couple clamps on them and squeeze some of that water out of them.

Also when you swab, work in short strokes. I never go more then 3 to 4 inches at a time and work that area until clean, then drop down 3-4 more inches and work that a few strokes. It will help you keep from getting a stuck patch. Also slow down the closer you get near the breech. You will feel the fowling and you might have to go as short as a 1 inch stroke unti you scrub that area clean. Then a couple dry patches and your set to load again.

That really is a nice looking outfit.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

I have that same rifle and Ireally like it. Just make sure that you put some oil down the barrel after cleaning. I'm sure you did but I saw where you said that you were cleaning with T-17 bore cleaner and I have heard that it is water based. I just don't want any rust to show up in that nice new gun. Just trying to give you a heads up. Great shooting and good looking outfit.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Spike

Thanks i put some T/C Bore Butter in before she went into the safe!
Ran two wet BB patches thru her.

The patches of Pre-saturated bore cleaner were not wet at all they were barely even damp....it was almost like putting a dry patch in first, i had to add lube to every pre saturated patch or it would get stuck.

thanks for the tips!

Cheers
GIBB
Old 11-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Dominant Buck

I do not want to start a argument here, but for those of you that want to protect your rifle with bore butter.. well it is your rifle. And when you take it out of the safe next spring or later and find rust in the barrel.. be sure to have bore brushes, solvent, patches, JB Bore Paste, and then, after you or if you can get the rust out of the barrel.. throw the bore butter in the trash can and use a quality gun oil through the bore to protect your rifle. Why you smear wax in your muzzleloaders but put oil in your center fires, makes no sense to me. Barrel steel is barrel steel. A little isopropyl alcohol on a patch takes the oil that protects my rifles out of the bore and leaves me a nice clean rifle to shoot and hunt with. But again, its your rifle. Do as you like.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

What Cayugad said - +1
Old 11-12-2008, 04:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

What Cayugad said - +1

+2
Chunk that bore butter in the trash. Myneighbors ruined an expensive Knight Disc rifle with bore butter.We could not salvage the barrel.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:49 PM

Great post. I just picked up a Triumph and am trying to figure out what to use for powder and primers. The guy at LeBaron suggested Jim Shockey's Gold, but after reading several forums, it appears that most people think that powder is good marketing.

I am going to try 777 pellets for now and then go to loose powder once I gain experience.

Cheers,

XCaddis
Old 11-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: falcon

What Cayugad said - +1

+2
Chunk that bore butter in the trash. Myneighbors ruined an expensive Knight Disc rifle with bore butter.We could not salvage the barrel.
+3 Lee
Old 11-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

Nice rifle. Good luck with it.

Quick Reply: T/C Endeavor Day 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.