Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 can only have 3 ml's >

can only have 3 ml's

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

can only have 3 ml's

Old 06-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default can only have 3 ml's

my wife pretty much told me that I can have 3 ml's I still have an want list. so, I am thinking of selling my new englander, and saving up for an 54 cal, flint. namely, I want a 54 cal and a flint.

when I get home from fl, I am going to start making a list of stuff I want to sale.

I am starting to sound like FG. [8D]
Old 06-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: can only have 3 ml's

If you want harmony in the house, listen to your wife and try to work with her. Even if you disagree. As for selling the New Englander and such.. If I were limited to three rifles, it would be a hard decision as to which ones stayed in the stables.

Now she did say rifles.. So remember, with a Renegade or Hawkins, you can get Green Mountain Barrel and make different rifles out of them. They come in Flintlock as well. Then you have three rifles and several barrels.. still in the rules book as legal, but opens your options. Or you can just buy as many guns as you want and sneak them into the house and hide them all over the place.

In my case I bought them when I wanted and never asked. My ex never really cared as long as it made me happy. And it would not have mattered anyway...
Old 06-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto what Cayugad said - it's important to keep the wife happy, but there's nothing wrong with bending the rules. If she laid down the law at "3 rifles", then go ahead and get different barrels for the ones where that is an option. You're not breaking the rules, and you still can have fun.

Or you can just hide the new ones, and when your wife asks what was in that 4 foot long brown box that the UPS guy brought in, just say "new umbrella"
Old 06-28-2008, 10:57 AM

Better not look in classifieds Corey.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

already did, but now I am going to work some more with my new englander, but I am going to be in the market see how much I can get for my savage 110e 30-06. I am going to keep an eye out.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: corey012778

my wife pretty much told me that I can have 3 ml's I still have an want list. so, I am thinking of selling my new englander, and saving up for an 54 cal, flint. namely, I want a 54 cal and a flint.

when I get home from fl, I am going to start making a list of stuff I want to sale.

I am starting to sound like FG. [8D]
I would push back on her that she only gets 3 pair of shoes, black, brown and pair of boots.Hopeshe gets the analogy that a guy has to have the right tool for the job and you need a FL, an inline and a sidelock in 45, 50 and 54 caliber. 45 is for plinking, 50 is for deer hunting and 54 is for bear hunting (we have a lot in Va in Madison Co). Now lets say she does not buy that analogy, the get a 50 inline, a 54 FL and a 50 sidelock. As for the 50 inline, get a Savage, 'cause smokeless powder is about same cost as 777 (about $20/lb) and you only have to shoot 44g of it, about 1/2 of what you have to with an inline (therefor saving money--she will love you for that). Bullets you can shoot Gold Dots or Hornady XTPs at about $20 for 50, the Savage was designed to shoot an XTP. Buy Harvester Crushed Rib red sabots for the .452 bullets ($5 for 50)and you got a very deadly accurate gun, that is very cheap to shoot. Chap

Old 06-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

chap,my wife only owns 3 pair of shoes, sandles and 2 pair of snickers. so that won't work. only hobbies she has is big fish games and pogo. so I have nothing over her.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: corey012778

chap,my wife only owns 3 pair of shoes, sandles and 2 pair of snickers. so that won't work. only hobbies she has is big fish games and pogo. so I have nothing over her.
Wow, unbelievable. Chap
Old 06-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trying to use logic on a woman is a waste of time and effort anyway they don't even use it to make decisions. Lee
Old 06-28-2008, 04:30 PM

Corey,

The easy solution is to tell her your only thinking of her...How she will need the 54 to hunt
with you..And then you can borrow it from her later on...I used to do that when buying
more fishing rods...worked for me...Good luck man...Johnny

Quick Reply: can only have 3 ml's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.