Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Remington Genesis or Traditions Yukon na Traditions Persuit? >

Remington Genesis or Traditions Yukon na Traditions Persuit?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington Genesis or Traditions Yukon na Traditions Persuit?

Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington Genesis or Traditions Yukon na Traditions Persuit?

What do you guys think of the Remington Genesis? Pros and Cons . Or Traditions Yukon Pros and Cons

Thinking about the Traditions Persuit in Stainless with synthetic CAMO. That gun looks to be pretty nice with a scope. What are the pros and cons of that one?
Old 05-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Remington Genesis?

There have been a lot of reviews on the Cabela's & Bass pro websites and most people seem to like it just fine. It'sdoes have alittle bit longer and heavier barrelthan the Traditions Yukon model, although that kind of depends onpersonal preference.

Traditions alsooffers a nickel model whichhas a slick and durable finish:

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=R4100

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Browse.asp?Category=Muzzleloaders%3A+Yukon+Drop% 2DBreech+Action+%28In+Lines%29
Old 05-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Underclocked owned one and did some testing with it. I am sure he could tell you a lot more about it then I have read...
Old 05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The fit, balanceand feel of the rifle was very good for me. I didn't shoot it enough to really findgood loads for it, though it shot decently with what I did try and handled recoil very well.The two main negatives Iobservedinvolved a very "spongy" feeling trigger (which I cured after some experimentation) andthe issue of the "Torch-Cam" becoming stuck in place after several shots. The stuck cam can beavoided simply by carrying along a rag to wipe down the cam's face and the breech end of the barrel. The finish on the "reciever" sectionis basically just paint and the material used there is surely not what I would prefer.

I liked the rifle's simplicity ofdesign, but would rather they have used better quality materials in the receiver.

Rifle was very easy to clean. Had it been the onlymuzzleloader I owned, I could have made do with the Genesis. Jay, over at DWB's forum, has one that he would sell you very reasonably and you could experiment on the cheap. I think for the price he wants, you could hardly go wrong.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:11 PM

The XLT would be a better choice.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

What do you guys think about the Traditions Yukon Drop Breech Muzzleloader? Looking for something
Old 05-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Dominant Buck

It's the Genisis with a short barrel I think. I read a couple posts of people that bought them, and they said 80 grains of powder and a XTP and they were real good shooters... I almost bought one when they were on sale at Sportsman Guide, but managed to talk myself out of it... I am sure for 100 yards, they would be all the rifle you would ever need, and the price is much better....
Old 05-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think with either rifle you mentioned, the quality of the trigger will be a probable issue. The Traditions is much the same rifle design with the primary difference being the direction of cam movement - up and down vs pivoting. The Remington would have nicer stocks and you can get it with a good stainless steel barrel.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

I've made a couple posts about the traditions yukon in the past. I've owned one for almost a year now, spent a lot of time at the range with it and shot one deer, small buck in Virginia. It loves 240 grain xtps and cheap shots over 100 grains of pyro rs. I have the 4x traditions scope that came on it as a combo. The breach moves up and down as opposed to pivoting like Underclocked already mentioned. The breech locks up tight and is released by a side mounted button, similar to a trigger guard safety. My only complaint is the "fiber" from my fiber optic front sight fell off on the first outing, but I had a scope and no worries. I took the sights off after that. Out to 100 yards I have no complaints (haven't shot it further than that). I'm sure you could do worse for the money. I'm sure you would be satisfied with either gun. Good luck.

Cory.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:56 PM

Sights often carry a lifetime replacement warranty. I believe traditions uses truglo, and those are covered by warranty. either call traditions and tell them you need a replacement or email/call truglo and explain to them the problem.

Quick Reply: Remington Genesis or Traditions Yukon na Traditions Persuit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.