Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Hornady Flex Tip FPB >

Hornady Flex Tip FPB

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hornady Flex Tip FPB

Old 03-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hornady Flex Tip FPB

I got my 2008 DVD from Hornady today. Anyone tried the Flex tip yet? 350gr loads like a Powerbelt but no plastic skirt. Has what looks like a fairly deep hollow base. DVD showed a 1" 5 shot group at 100yds with 100gr 777. Now I got to find some and try them out. The only place I found them listed was Grafs,and they show no stock. Looks like they might be legal in Colorado. A bonded copper jacket conical.

Charlie
Old 03-13-2008, 01:19 PM

Default RE: Hornady Flex Tip FPB

Supposed to come out in may/june.

I dont think they will be that big due to only being offered in one caliber and one grain of weight. They more than likely wont work with the TC line due to them not having the skirt to seal the bore.

But who knows until they come out.

Oh thats right! Randy Wakeman knows how they shoot! Even though he hasnt even tested them yet
Old 03-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Spike

[] Last word I heard was do not even look for them until late April or May. I too am looking to try some just to see if they work.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Supposed to come out in may/june.

I dont think they will be that big due to only being offered in one caliber and one grain of weight. They more than likely wont work with the TC line due to them not having the skirt to seal the bore.

But who knows until they come out.

Oh thats right! Randy Wakeman knows how they shoot! Even though he hasnt even tested them yet
Randy always did have special powers seldom granted to mortal men. Seems to work for him though.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

What do you mean by this? Why not TC and yet others canshoot. I understood the expansion on the bottom would engage the rifiling? I realize the PB had the skirt, but the thin copper workd same as PB right??
Old 03-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Proable much better, but talk about over priced, WOW!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:53 PM

Ask TC Inline shooter, omega,encore,pro hunters ext. how well their rifles shoot conicals. A lot of TC fall flat on their faces when loaded with a conical due to messed up QLA's.

CVA,Traditions,winchester, Nef, white. These are rifles that can shoot a very wide assortment of sabots and conicals and still shoot them accuractly.

Most TC owners get by with the Powerbelt due to the sealing power of the plastic base. Then they goof up and use 3 pellets and what accuracy/performance was there, aint there no more!
Old 03-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just think!!!!!!!!!!
First the new blackhorn powder, now a new bullet, looks like we better be saving back some $$$$ for testing this summer. (better save a few extra $$$$ for gasoline to get to the range, too)[:@]
Old 03-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

Proable much better, but talk about over priced, WOW!!!
Lee-You are right about the price,but my Noslers are pricey too.I will have to try one pack anyhow,just to see how they do. I have to buy a new pack of Noslers this year,but one pack lasts for 15 deer. Money well spent IMHO.

Charlie
Old 03-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just think!!!!!!!!!!
First the new blackhorn powder, now a new bullet, looks like we better be saving back some $$$$ for testing this summer. (better save a few extra $$$$ for gasoline to get to the range, too)[:@]
I think I'm going to just sit back and read the reports. I have about seven hundred bullets in various configurations andsix or seven pounds of Pyrodex and T-7 on hand already. Plus, that25 lbs. of GOEX FFFg I'm gettingis gonna get tried in all of my guns with all of my various bullets before I even think about another powder or bullet.

However, I do expect you guys to provide detailed shooting reports with the new stuff. DO NOT DISAPPOINTMENT ME!

Quick Reply: Hornady Flex Tip FPB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.