Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Did No Excuses  supply White Superslugs? >

Did No Excuses supply White Superslugs?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Did No Excuses supply White Superslugs?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Did No Excuses supply White Superslugs?

Anyone use their conicals in a Knight and if so how well did they work out? Thanks
Old 02-21-2008, 10:03 AM

Default RE: DId No Excuses bullets supply WHite Superslugs?

I shoot the Bullshop 460gr NEX & the Bullshop U C Shorts 445gr with 85gr of loose 2fg 777 with a wad out of my Knights and to say that they shoot good would be a UNEDRSTATEMENT they are AWSOME they shoot as good as any of the Saboted bullets that I have ever shot out of my guns !!!

If I could Get UC to post the Pic of one of my range Targets you would see how well they shoot!!!

Ron
Old 02-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Dominant Buck

I have shot the No Excuse out of my Knight rifles. My Wolverine did a pretty good job but I had to push the conical hard and in that little rifle, it was all I wanted to handle. In my Knight Disc they shot good one day and then next day not so good. So I blame myself actually. The No Excuses are .503 or.500 in diameter I believe. I personally like the 495 grain, but the 460 shoot fine too. The NE are very well made. They also shot FANTASTIC out of my T/C Black Diamond XR.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

oldelkhunter

Can not really tell you anything about shooting the No-Excuse or Bullshops from a Knight but i can tell you shooting them from a Green Mountain fast twist barrel is not a problem. They shoot great.

I shoot them with 90 grains of T7-3f - I also use a .125x.510 shot card between the powder and the bullet. This combination gives me 1500 fps @ the muzzle.

I shoot a .503/460 Bullshop from my GM barrel I was shooting .504's but with a .504 I would often have to use a short starter, with the .503's I can push it downwith my thumb and run it home with the ram-rod with plenty of resistance. Probably just a tad tighter than loading a HPH-24 with a .452 bullet in the same barrel.

But as ISP says they shoot great... and they are consistent.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Spike

sabotloader,

Do you find it necessary to use a shot card? I just got a White Super 91 and have only been able to get out once with it.Fired four shots of 80 gr. 777 with a 460 NE, then 3 shots of 90 gr. 777 with the 460 NE. Then 3 shots of 100 gr./460. Followed that up with 4 shots of 100 777 pellets and 298 PB. No swabbing between shots. When I cleaned it I had no sign of leading. The 90 gr./460 grouped great. (half inch at 25 yards, open sights from a rest) Can't wait for the weather to get better so I can spend more time with it. Just wondering how necessary the shot card is as I am pretty new to this lead conical shooting.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

van25

I do not think it is necessary to use I shot card... I just have more confidence in the use of one than I do without one...

I use the card for a couple of reasons... 1. T7 burns so hat and to move that heavy of a projectile out the barrel the heat and pressure would really be tough on the bottom of a pure lead bullet - to the point that I feel it might melt and cast of some molten lead... so the card acts as an insulator and as a bitof a shock cushion. 2.the card also gives me some comfort in thefact that it will stop the bullet lube from contaminating the powder on warm days - and I am one of those that leave the gun loaded for days or weeks at a time. 3. the card wipes the bore on the way down and helps remove some of the fouling...

A lot of people shoot without the card, but for me it adds a feeling of more confidence... & security
Old 02-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot the NX in a win Apex and a disc with excellent accuracy. I dont use a card but am going to try one this spring. I also shoot 460 nx bullshop out of my white-but thats a given
Old 02-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

2.5" circle target - 8 shot group---------------------- from this rifle
Old 02-21-2008, 08:42 PM

Thanks UC

This is shooting 85gr 2fg loose 777 a Bullshop 445gr U C Short Conical a .510 Wad & Win T7 Primers

If momory serves me Right this is 80yds or 100yds Can't remmember for Shure.

And Underclocked is theone that Desighned this Bullet also TWO THUMBS UP on a great Bullet UC I love them !!

THis is Also the Gun I have For SALE on the Classifieds !!!

Ron
Old 02-21-2008, 09:03 PM

AND the 460gr NEX shoot the same also , I just love shooting the big Conicals !!!

Ron

Quick Reply: Did No Excuses supply White Superslugs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.