Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shipping

Old 01-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Shipping

Just went to Midway to order a caldwell shooting rest on sale for $20.00 and a can of Kroil. Came to $25.48. Put my zip in for a shipping estimate. Holy chit-- 25.07. This is ridiculas. Midway is the worst for there shipping. I quit ordering from them because of it awhile ago and apparently they haven't changed. Needless to sayTheydidn't get my buisness. Kerry
Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shipping

wow, I got nosey and did the same order you did just to see. $20.71 shipping only ups ground available. I know I my wife just ordered something for me for my birthday and it was only $8 something shipping usps is the shipper
Old 01-26-2008, 12:08 PM

thats a good deal for shipping IMO. I went to order a 2 packages of powerbelt bullets, 1.5lbs total shipping weight at shipping was almost $15[:'(]
Old 01-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guy's forgot the "Handling". You GOTTTTS to pay that handling.

There is a small reloading shop in my area that will order anything I want at the Midway retail price, or less. He does not charge me any shipping. Not a bad deal?? Tom.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

I'm telling you this shipping and handling BS is out of hand!! I ordered a new Ruger SR-9 from a normal supplier of mine almost every week. I was charged $40 next day air and $15 s&H charges as well!!! $55 just to get a pistol next day(ATF rules!)? And guess what if I wasn't here to recieve it I would had have to drive another 40miles one way to pick it up!! I know the customers don't believe me when I say shipping is rediculous and they don't want to pay the extra cost? I don't blame them but I have no choice but to tack it on the final cost!! and AMMO, don't even get me started on this BSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Spike

I am not sure what I did right or what but I just ordered 3 boxes of muzzle loader bullets and the shipping was less than $9.00 but I did not ask for speedy shipping or any thing else.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Its all a gimmick of the companies to soak the consumer a few extra dollars for nothing. A lot of on line stores will entice you to purchase from them over regular retail stores with the idea you save money. What they do is while the base product price is lower, theythen add additional fees to the shipping and handling so they are able to make up the difference in the sale.

I always wondered why there had to be a handling charge when after all.. are they not in the business to sell products? So buy my product they ask, and I will also charge you for the box, and the fact I pay someone to pack that box, and fill out the shipping label... What's wrong with that idea? We the consumer pay for all of that. Often times retail stores are still the least expensive place to shop. They might not look like that upfront, but after all the tolls are tallied, they come out ahead, if you have a problem they are right there to handle it, and your business allows them to lower or stabilize their prices.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:17 PM

Come to think of it, I just shipped off a 54"Long, 28lb fender off a 53 ford mainline for $25.00 Greyhound.

Amazing!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just returned a stock to T/C and they requested I use UPS or FedX.
No FedX nearby, so I had to use UPS. A 2.5# package cost me 12.60 to UPS. The same package could have been sent USPS Priority for 8.25!!!!
Not sure why they request the high price shipping, but next time I'm using USPS!
Shipping rates have gone up, but all too many sellers try to increase profits by charging extra shipping. I've noticed several companies with good prices tend to tack on an outrageous fee for "oversize" items that aren't really oversize. I look at the total price shipped to my door before I order. Sometimes the seller asking a few $$$ more for the item is actually the cheapest place to buy!
Old 01-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was going to order bulk bullets via Midway in Dec before the price increase, but when I saw the shipping I did not order. Even with the dramatic price increase, it was cheaper to go to the local Gander Mountain.

Quick Reply: Shipping

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.