Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 traditions pursuit pro >

traditions pursuit pro

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

traditions pursuit pro

Old 12-23-2007, 10:07 PM

Default traditions pursuit pro

hello I'm new here been watching this site for about a month and found the info here to be very helpful. i have been ml shooting and hunting about 5 years now. my first was a traditions pursuit pro 50 cal. i put a Bushnell 3x9 scope on it it shoots great out to 100 yards. but i hate the heavy trigger. is there anything i can to for it. i would like to keep it for a back up gun or let my son or girl friend use it they both want to try ml hunting with me. i hate the trigger pull so much that i went out and got a Tc triumph and put the Nikon bdc 3x9 scope on it . i love it!!!! it shots very well to 150 yards. i haven't had to much time to play with it to much and get it better than 2 inch at 150 yards. got it two days before the start of the ml season here in Iowa. but i know it will get me a deer if i will just shot one and quit letting them walk by. any help with the traditons would be appreciated
Old 12-23-2007, 10:12 PM

Default RE: traditions pursuit pro

Call traditions, tell them about the trigger and they'll adjust it free of charge.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Dominant Buck

The early Pursuit rifles main complaint was the bad trigger. Since you have a second rifle, send that back to Traditions and have them either replace it or fix it... I am sure they have done a lot of them. Call them first, tell them the problem, get authorization for a send in, include a letter explaining the problem with your information and the rifle's information on it, and then mail all of that in. I am sure they will take care of it for you.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:42 PM

thank you for your help. i will do that after the holidays I'm sure they are closed for them.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: rockyshamrock

hello I'm new here been watching this site for about a month and found the info here to be very helpful. i have been ml shooting and hunting about 5 years now. my first was a traditions pursuit pro 50 cal. i put a Bushnell 3x9 scope on it it shoots great out to 100 yards. but i hate the heavy trigger. is there anything i can to for it. i would like to keep it for a back up gun or let my son or girl friend use it they both want to try ml hunting with me. i hate the trigger pull so much that i went out and got a Tc triumph and put the Nikon bdc 3x9 scope on it . i love it!!!! it shots very well to 150 yards. i haven't had to much time to play with it to much and get it better than 2 inch at 150 yards. got it two days before the start of the ml season here in Iowa. but i know it will get me a deer if i will just shot one and quit letting them walk by. any help with the traditons would be appreciated
i had a tradition pro [heavy trigger] sent it back for repaires and it came back the same ..sold it ,but told the new buyer of the problem [heavy trigger] he tried it and it did not bother him ..i now have a THOMPSON CENTER ENCORE ..it is a beautiful ML. smooth trigger and over built [solid] ..i also removed my synthetic stock and ordered the pro stock to upgrade my ENCORE.. ..ps. QUALITY HAS A PRICE !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 09:51 AM

well i did get a Tc triumph and i shoot 2 inch at 150 yards with it. haven't had time to try and get it any better got it two days before ml season here in Iowa. well i will give it a try and if it don't work i think i will get rid of the traditions. my friend has the Tc pro hunter and he loves it and i have shot it. very good gun. thank you for your time and help.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome!!

The heavy trigger of the Pursuit ProXLTis/was the only reason I did not add one to the collection.

Otherwise, I think this ML balances and handles very well.

I had not heard that Traditions will lower the pull for free?

Tahquamenon
Old 12-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

I had a Traditions pursuit pro .
I bought it a few years ago , so the trigger was not to bad . I would try to find a good gunsmith and see what he could do with the trigger. My Pursuit was very accurate . I had a few problems with mine and i did not feel that there customer service was much help . But no matter what brand of gun you get there will be some produced that may have problems . My new TC Encore also had problems ( as did my traditions ) not locking closed all the way , so in had movement between the receiver and barrel . Tc makes some good guns but i know 4 other people with newer Pursuits that are nail driver and they love them.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Pursuit Pro has a heavy trigger, but it breaks cleanly. Seems like it has a very fast lock time, too.
Just had it out today checking the sights/load for the upcoming muzzleloader season. Still 1" high @ 100 yards with 80 gr T-7 & a 300gn XTP. Tried a couple 285gr Barnes SpitFires through it @ 50 yards(my buddy gave me 2 to try) and they hit within 1/2" of each other....... May have to do some more testing with them!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If Traditions Inc throws you a curve, take it to a gunsmith. The cost to lighten it will be alot less than a new ML.