Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Dicks Sporting goods >

Dicks Sporting goods

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Dicks Sporting goods

Old 12-19-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Dicks Sporting goods

Today i went to the mall and what do i see? Dicks sporting goods!!! Run right away to the muzzleloading items. Hmmm, Cant use sabots in colorado for muzzleloading season, why do they even bother stocking these? Oh well... Look around for some powerbelts, wanted to buy a package of the Platinums. Hmm, ok no plats. Just 2 packages of the 295 aerotip copper series. Well, lets look for sabots and bullets for my .45 to fiddle around with. Good luck! That has got to be the worse store ive been to when it came to bullets!

Allright, lets go take a look at the muzzyloaders. CVA Wolf on sale for $79.99!!!!! Waiting, waiting, waiting. 15 minutes goes by, I walk away check out the boats and stuff, come back later on, No one is even at the counter! Go do the rest of my scouting for hot chicks in the mall, come back when im done and still no one! I would have easily had bought the Wolf had there been someone back there helping the customers. IMO, If they dont want to pay someone to stay back there at all times, they can kiss my rear end and i'll go spend my $$$ somewhere else! That was the worse store ive been to. Didnt even carry powder!
[:@] Had to vent.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ****s Sporting goods

frontier gander,
Come on out to Indiana, I'll wait on you bud! How are you and the Heritage 22 getting along? Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Mike

Old 12-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pecker's sporting goods sucks!! Once in a while I will get something fishing related or they will have a gun on sale....
Old 12-20-2007, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dicks Sporting goods

Yeah our D Sporting Goods is a joke as well when it comes to huntin' stuff. I would assume that the sabots were there for us folkswho use inlines during the rifle season instead of centerfires. But that's just my take on it.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dicks Sporting goods

Yep, My local Diick's blows big time. If you didn't shoot Shockwaves you were screwed. About one week before deer season they finally got in powder. Loose and pellet. Other than that they had carried the cardboard pack with the 5 or so tubes of Pyrodex pellets. I order my stuff from Cabelas, Bass Pro, or Mid South. If your into the Powerbelts or Sabertooths there is a Rural King store in my area (kinda like a Tractor Supply or Farm and Fleet store) thats has shelves full of about every Powerbelt they make. Also powder in loose or pellet form Pyrodex and 777. Its golf, baseball, softball at our Diicks, not much else. Firearms are another sad story........
Old 12-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

It's the Christmas shopping season.. what did you expect service? Come on, smile. Think of the money you saved. You didn't want another inline. Then go to the service desk, demand to see the manager, tell them how unhappy you are at waiting thirty minutes back there alone in sporting goods, drooling over a rifle, just you and the security cameras.. and maybe he'd of cut 10% off the price. Then you would have had to purchase it or look silly, and there you'd be.. stuck with another rifle...

Your's a lucky man Frontier Gander.. Merry Christmas anyway you old Grinch! Did you find any hot chicks?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: RugerMike

frontier gander,
Come on out to Indiana, I'll wait on you bud! How are you and the Heritage 22 getting along? Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Mike

The Heritage is doing great! Ive put 500 rounds of 22mags through her and its just an awesome little shooting pistol. Really nice to carry out in the woods for rabbits.

Cayugad, While itrs true that they helped save me money, i still would have liked to have shot it for that price! They also have what looked like a SS optima pro with camo stock on sale for $235.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

Gee, when I needed ammo it took less than a minute to find the nearest clerk to come over to the guncounter. You must be too shy to ask. If you wantsomething,just speak up. Most guns shops are waybusier showing guns to waitingcustomers than they have clerks, so who doesn't want to wait or go to fetch a clerk? What do you expect for thelow give-away price of$79 anyway,room service?Give me a break!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I would have looked someone up. I already have a Wolf but for $79 I'd have bought another.......or maybe two.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went to the one across from where me and wife got her christmas gifts at, I was not to over joyed, only thing I saw that I really need (other then scopes) was 10/22 base, had my wife with me, so I probly got a scope and the base

but what about the hot chicks

Quick Reply: Dicks Sporting goods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.