Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Muzzle loader help! >

Muzzle loader help!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Muzzle loader help!

Old 10-11-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Muzzle loader help!

I am wanting to get into ML hunting but don't know the first thing about them. Can anyone recommend where I should start looking. Any books, web sites, videos...stuff like that. I am not really concerned about brand of gun. I own an TC Encore in 7mag and all I would have to do is buy the 50 cal. set up for it. I just want to learn how they work and what to use in them.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Muzzle loader help!

Well then the black powder barrel for your Encore would be a good place to start. As for what to shoot, these forums are great places to get hints, helpful information and ideas of loads that will work in your rifle. Another place would be to contact the manufacturer of the rifle. They often have a manual that will give you lots of excellent information.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Spike

Check this out. Good place to start. Look at the top video there.
http://www.tcarms.com/videoLibrary/#wrapper
Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TxHunter73

I am wanting to get into ML hunting but don't know the first thing about them. Can anyone recommend where I should start looking. Any books, web sites, videos...stuff like that. I am not really concerned about brand of gun. I own an TC Encore in 7mag and all I would have to do is buy the 50 cal. set up for it. I just want to learn how they work and what to use in them.

Thanks
See these articles:

SELECTING AND BUYING MUZZLELOADERS:[*]Beware the First Year Models (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Buying A New Muzzleloader? (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]How to Select a New Muzzleloader (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Rating the Inline Muzzleloading Manufacturers (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Recommended Muzzleloader Brands (Article by the G&S Online Staff)[*]Want to Buy an Inline? A Short History of Modern Inline Design (Article by Randy D. Smith)[*]What Makes for a Good Muzzleloader (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]What Muzzleloader Should I Buy? (Article by Randy Wakeman)

here

http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2h.muzzleloader.htm.

After you read the articles, go handle a couple of guns that you like. Then ask the gun owners onforum how they like the gun. Chap Gleason
Old 10-11-2007, 08:37 PM

I'll recomment a bergara barrel for your encore. They have a guarantee that they will out shoot any factory TC barrel.

www.bergarabarrels.com

Old 10-12-2007, 05:52 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the help...
Old 10-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't forget that you will need a forearm as well as theramrodand barrel.