Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 got my new Traditions barrel today >

got my new Traditions barrel today

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

got my new Traditions barrel today

Old 09-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default got my new Traditions barrel today

and it doesn't have sights [:@]
I had sent my Pursuit Pro action back to Traditions to have a new .50 barrel fitted to it since the shotgun barrel is not much good to me since the choke portion was damaged. Got the gun back in the mail today and I was a little shocked when I opened it - plain barrel with no sights!!!!!!!!!
I called their customer service and after a lengthy wait the gal said she would send me out a set of sights. Gave me some line about the barrel not coming with sights, but since the picture shows them they will send a set. I told her a rifle without sights is kind of worthless, and for what they charge the sights should sure be included!
Sure hope the dang thing will shoot when I get the sights. I'm only going to have a little over $450. invested in a $200. rifle.[8D]
BTW - the barrel fit to the actionwas very good, but I had to shorten the fore end screw by over 1/4" to keep it from hitting the ramrod.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: got my new Traditions barrel today

Well once you get some sights on it.. you will have to shoot it. I never heard of a barrel coming without sights. Even my Green Mountain Barrel Rifles come with sights. Well I will be looking forward for the range reports Wabi.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: got my new Traditions barrel today

ORIGINAL: wabi

I'm only going to have a little over $450. invested in a $200. rifle.[8D]
Wow, you must love that gun to put that kind of money in it. Best wishes on shooting the new barrell.
Chap Gleason