Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Getting tempted

Old 09-21-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Getting tempted

Just been sorting out my shooting equip. and am really annoyed with the amounts of inline equipment i have to use[:@]. Any of you guys ever get fed up with the amount of items you have to keep in boxes scattered through out your closet/room? The way i look at it, #1 get rid of the inlines or #2 build shelves for the stuff. As of right now #1 option looks pretty good

Now i take a look at my traditionals. Okay i can shoot goex out of all of them, they all use the same patch " except for the .54", all use the same percussion cap, The Twi flintlocks i have all use the same items but different size ball.

Just kinda gets to you when you're trying to organize things and end up with more of a mess than when you started.

Maybe its take i break out the hammer , saw and nails and start building a few shelves...

Just needed to vent
Old 09-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Getting tempted

Just be glad that you have all that different items. Keeping an inline around is not a bad thing. And believe me, you can accumulate as much junk with Tradtional rifles if you like to experiment. I would just had an inline box and a traditional box. Or build some shelves like you mentioned. I have a room and a half dedicated to my muzzleloaders and am always finding myself running out of space. I could not give up any of my rifles.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:11 AM

If I were you and wanted to go strictly traditional, I would put that Winchester up for auction. Who knows what you could get for a gun that will shoot 5/8" groups all day long with open sights. Probably get enough out of it to buy a custom flinter!
Old 09-22-2007, 10:41 AM

Custom flintlock would be great. Found one for $1800 that hit my sweet spot
Old 09-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

#1 get rid of the inlines
Sounds like a great Idea to me!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like Traditionals. And to me, that is what muzzleloading is about.