Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Pydex Pellets VS. Triple Seven Pellets  In Mt T/C Omega ? >

Pydex Pellets VS. Triple Seven Pellets In Mt T/C Omega ?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pydex Pellets VS. Triple Seven Pellets In Mt T/C Omega ?

Old 09-19-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Pydex Pellets VS. Triple Seven Pellets In Mt T/C Omega ?

Which do yall prefer Tripleseven or Pyrodex Pellets I Shot my T/C Omega Yesterday ! It Shot Really good ! Im using 100 Grains of Tipleseven & Power Belt 245 Grain Bullets ! I shot it Around 20 times That Thing Was Dirty ! I had To Clean That Thing Marine Corps. Style ! Let me Know your Suggestions on The Powder Thanks kvjohndeere
Old 09-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Pydex Pellets VS. Triple Seven Pellets In Mt T/C Omega ?

I personally like the Pyrodex RS pellets. I swab the barrel between shots, and shoot sabots so it is not a big clean up deal at the end of the day. The thing with Pyrodex RS is.. if you shoot it that day, clean it that day. Pyrodex is corrosive and will rust your gun faster then any other powder out there from tests I conducted a while back. Even faster then black powder. So while I like Pyrodex, I make sure I clean the rifle the same day. With Triple Se7en you might get a day or two grace period more then Pyrodex before the rust starts. Actually Triple Se7en will clean up with simple water.

Both pellets are about equal in strength. So it is up to you as far as cost, cleaning, and preference.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: cayugad Thanks cayugad for the info That was Helpful !

I personally like the Pyrodex RS pellets. I swab the barrel between shots, and shoot sabots so it is not a big clean up deal at the end of the day. The thing with Pyrodex RS is.. if you shoot it that day, clean it that day. Pyrodex is corrosive and will rust your gun faster then any other powder out there from tests I conducted a while back. Even faster then black powder. So while I like Pyrodex, I make sure I clean the rifle the same day. With Triple Se7en you might get a day or two grace period more then Pyrodex before the rust starts. Actually Triple Se7en will clean up with simple water.

Both pellets are about equal in strength. So it is up to you as far as cost, cleaning, and preference.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was curious as to the difference between the pyrodex pellets and 777 powder so I shot several groups with each propellant for comparision purposes.

At the end of the day, after shooting 90gr loose and 90gr (3x30gr pellets) and 250gr shockwave sabots......I found no difference in my groups.

From that, I came to the conclusion that I will shoot pellets in the field due to their convienent loading......and I'll shoot powder at the range since it's cheaper by volume.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Primitive Weapon

I was curious as to the difference between the pyrodex pellets and 777 powder so I shot several groups with each propellant for comparision purposes.

At the end of the day, after shooting 90gr loose and 90gr (3x30gr pellets) and 250gr shockwave sabots......I found no difference in my groups.

From that, I came to the conclusion that I will shoot pellets in the field due to their convienent loading......and I'll shoot powder at the range since it's cheaper by volume.
Thanks for writing Back I was curious also ! Im glad there isnt much difference I heard The trip 7 Was cleaner That is what I heard !