Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 the new cva electra >

the new cva electra

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

the new cva electra

Old 08-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: the new cva electra

Like I said, I find them interesting, but would not spend the money on one. Perhaps I could tell CVA that I should be a product tester for them and give the Electra a real work out and then tell all the forum members how I really think about them. I'd be honest and fair and even pay for my own powder and projectile...

Of course another company let me test their products once and then were not too happy with the evaluation I gave them. But, honesty is the best policy..
Old 03-24-2015, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Sportsman Guide had a camo,s/less version for a good price several years ago and I almost pulled the trigger.Seen a NIB one the other day at a pawn shop for way to much money.Plus it was that ugly black stock with white spider web lines thru it.I thin they called that shadow mask.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

A boat that didn't float.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really like to shoot Blackhorn, I won't buy an inline that is so poorly designed that it won't fire it reliably so my first question is will it?
Old 03-25-2015, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by corey012778
I posted this in another forum, Do ya'll think I am close on the brake down on the problems that may come with it. And has anyone even considered this ML.
I was reading the specs on this electric muzzleloader and found some bugs I donot think the enganeer did not think of.
1:9volt battery infact just about any battery licks after a while in storage
2:the electodes will go bad in a few years if not shorter (depends on the area)

3: it could short out thus missfire
4: if you drop it you could mess up the ignition system could get damaged
5: if any thing goes wrong you'll have to send it back to cva for service
I like to know what ya'll think. do you think cva thought about and I listed
No link added to this thread?
Is this really a new product? There are posts in this thread, referring to something very similar years ago.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

08-25-2007, 04:15 am
Old 03-25-2015, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't own one, nor will I ever own one. I believe the primitive black powder hunting era ended with the advent of the inline , which is essentially a centerfire with out a cartridge . That said, nothing the OP listed couldn't happen with a percussion or Flintlock or an inline, except for the battery leaking. If I ever did lose my mind and buy one, it would not be stored with the battery in it and I would test the battery each time I reinstalled it. No matter what you use, if something can go wrong, eventually, it most likely will. PA had to pass a new law to allow the electric ignition guns to be used in the state and PA also does not allow inlines in their traditional Flintlock season, they must be used in the muzzleloader season which includes percussion, flintlock and inline guns which is a doe season only.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's not legal in Colorado for muzzleloader season.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

I don,t know why anyone would store this rifle with the battery installed.I also heard that they had trouble firin in cold weather without super dupermega volt batteries.Your run of the mill Everready ain,t gonna cut it.I think by now you,d have one heck of a time findin any of the electronic parts.CVA wouldn,t have anything anymore for em.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow, I come to check to what's going on here (finally got a little to do so) and find one of my early post at the top of the board.

Quick Reply: the new cva electra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.