Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Triumph

Old 06-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default TC Triumph

anybody else have one of these? i just got one last week. i just could not get myself to pay $800-960 for a pro hunter. i would never change the barrel. this is my first TC product. it looks easy to clean. i have 2 knights. the only thing im not sure about is the salesman talked me into trying some newer powerbelts( i said i would never shoot them again after my mishaps 3 years ago). these newer PB ARE 223 GRAINS. he told me thats what everybody else was using w/ thier TC'S. THANKS
Old 06-19-2007, 03:23 PM

Default RE: TC Triumph

he lied lol. I found on one forum a guy was shooting 370 grain tc maxi hunters but the groups were not impressive. 4-5" @ 100 yards. Is yours a .45 or 50cal?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

is a 50 cal. the last time i shot PB i used the 295gr. they performed fine on paper but was not consistent w/ deer. the last 2 years i went back to the knight/barnes hot shot 250 grs. BAM! DEER FALL w/o moving. it seemed to me that i didnt get much (if any) expansion before w/ the PB. i was using 100 gr pyrodex select btw.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:37 PM

100 grains pyrodex and a 295 powerbelt is the load my dad and brother use in their sidelocks. Put it right behind the shoulder and they will drop. Although, whitetail do act differently. But so far with mule deer, the powerbelts have worked great. Maybe give the 338 or 348 grain powerbelts a try. That would be a great load with 100 grains RS.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: o2bebowhunting

anybody else have one of these? i just got one last week. i just could not get myself to pay $800-960 for a pro hunter. i would never change the barrel. this is my first TC product. it looks easy to clean. i have 2 knights. the only thing im not sure about is the salesman talked me into trying some newer powerbelts( i said i would never shoot them again after my mishaps 3 years ago). these newer PB ARE 223 GRAINS. he told me thats what everybody else was using w/ thier TC'S. THANKS
Great choice, I love the looks of them, looks like an updated Omega, which I have and shoots great. I just bought a new Savage 10ML and I was thinking of getting a Pro Hunter.

My gun evolutionhas been similar to your's, except my pathwas:
Knight Disc pyrodex pellets, no scope
Knight Disc prodex pellets, scope
Knight Disc prodex pellets, scope Powerbelts
Knight Disc Prodex pellets, scope, Nosler Partition
TC Omega, Prodex pellets, scope, Nosler Partition
then 777 pellets
TC FlintLock, Patch RB, 70g Goex loose, no scope
TC FL, Nosler Partition, 70-80g of Goex, no scope
then 777 loose in my Knight and Omega
Savage 10ML,Scope 3-9x, 44g Accurate Arms 5744, have not chosen bullets yet.

Not saying this is the evolution for everyone, but it has been my evolution in the ML world--it has been an excellet journey of learning. Would like to get a TC percussion in a Renegade to round out my ML "collection".

Bullet evolution has been:
Knight lead bullets 2 years
PB 295g HP bullets3 years
nosler Partition bullets 3 years

Powder evolution has been:
Pyrodex pellets 2
pryrodex pellets 3
777 pellets
loose 777
loose goex

Scope evolution has been:
cheap simmons 3x9
bushnell banner 3x9
Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9

Sabot Evolution has been
sabot with the bullet, no clue as to why it was "inaccurate"
Crushed rib sabot
matched sabot with bullet for accuracy
mostkinds (MMP, Harvester) of sabot for testing--sabot makes huge difference in loading and accuracy

Good luck in load selection, sabot selection, bullet selection.

Chap Gleason
Old 06-19-2007, 04:39 PM

I have an omega and IMO I would buy sabots and bullets because the omega, encore, and the triumph are high accuracy guns but can only be this way with high accuarcy bullets witch are the saboted ones.My omega is a tack driver at 100 yds. I shoot 45. hornady pistol bullets in a 50. cal sabot with 100 grains of triple 7. I shootless than 1'' groups at a 100yds off a bench with this setup. This is the setup I used to shoot my first deer, take a look:

Works for me maybe you should try it.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Dominant Buck

if possible ... could you post a few pictures of the rifle and the action? I would like to see it better.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: o2bebowhunting

He's just trying to sell you some very expensive bullets. And chances are they won't work so hot in that gun. Hornady SST's (shockwaves)and .451-.452 XTP'sare better bullets to start out with. Heck of a lot cheaper, too.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:49 PM

i hate loading the t/c bullets in my t/c. thats why i shoot 338gr powerbelt platinums. i don't have to beat the rod on a tree to seat the bullet.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:54 PM

Hornady SST's (shockwaves)and .451-.452 XTP'sare better bullets to start out with. Heck of a lot cheaper, too.
Hornady doesn't make shockwaves Thompson Center does. They do make SST's however but they are not the shockwaves. The XTP's are the pistol bullets originally.

Quick Reply: TC Triumph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.