Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 12 gauge. round ball loads >

12 gauge. round ball loads

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

12 gauge. round ball loads

Old 06-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 12 gauge. round ball loads

I have a 12 mould from lee that is loaded in a aa wad and a aa shot gun shell. It loads in my cva with a cylinder bore choke I have not really tried accuracy loads
Old 06-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 12 gauge. round ball loads

I have had good luck with the Lee slug in a Winchester AA wad in 12 ga breech loaders, but couldn't get them to shoot well out of my T/C NewEnglander. I've had poor luck with a .690 ball in everything but a Traditions inline that I cut offto remove the choke after Traditions refused to repair the barrel which had the choke damaged using recommended loads & choke tubes. Rather than throw the gun away I cut it back giving me a cylinder bore, and installed a big fiber optic bead on it. Although I'm still very upset with Traditions for their lack of standing behind their products, I must admit it shoots the round balls well.