Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA Warranty / Customer Service >

CVA Warranty / Customer Service

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Warranty / Customer Service

Old 03-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default CVA Warranty / Customer Service

Hi All,
I just wanted to share my recent experience with CVA. I shot a deer in the pooring down rain in late December and got water throughout the receiver / trigger assembly. When I got home, I decided to pop the pins to the trigger assembly to clean and dry it. Not a good idea as I found out, since they can't be placed back together outside of the factory! (Wolf 209 / Beartooth Magnum) I did learn while it was apart, that it's a very simple design that seems like it can handle wetness as long as you bring it in to room temperature or worst case, run a hairdryer around the receiver. Anyway, I called CVA and they told me to send it in with a check for $22 and they would take care of it. While sending it out, I decided to throw in my ramrod that had bent trying to get a 2nd round w/o swabbing for a follow-up shot on a deer from the fall. Three weeks later, I received my receiver and a replacement ramrod in the mail! I know it's not hunting season, but I wasn't expecting that fast of a turn around. All emails I sent, before, during and after were promptly replied to by Eric in Customer Service. Just wanted to post for those looking for another company who offer a budget product, yet stand behind them!

Mike
Old 03-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: CVA Warranty / Customer Service

I take it the $22.00 was for the new trigger assembly. I have the highest marks for CVA/BPI and their customer service. They have always taken care of me just fine. My new lock they sent for the Mountain Stalker fit perfect and works better then the old one.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

They gave me a thumbhole laminate stock for my Kodiak after I had a few problems with the camo synthetic one. The best part is they covered all of my shipping in the whole situation. I now have a Kodiak Blued/Laminate thumbhole that cost me a grand total of $154!!! They get the highest marks from me and I will definately do business with them again. Eric and Mark Hendricks over there are GREAT!!

Old 03-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I take it the $22.00 was for the new trigger assembly. I have the highest marks for CVA/BPI and their customer service.
Yes. Not bad for it being my mistake.
Another good customer service company is apparently NEF. My friend has an old single shot 12ga that we use for fox hunting. Something broke in the hammer / firing pin assembly and he called them asking where he could get it fixed. The gun has sentimental value, since it was his first shotgun as a kid. They told him to send it on in and they would fix it for free!

Old 03-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelH

Hi All,
I just wanted to share my recent experience with CVA. I shot a deer in the pooring down rain in late December and got water throughout the receiver / trigger assembly. When I got home, I decided to pop the pins to the trigger assembly to clean and dry it. Not a good idea as I found out, since they can't be placed back together outside of the factory! (Wolf 209 / Beartooth Magnum) I did learn while it was apart, that it's a very simple design that seems like it can handle wetness as long as you bring it in to room temperature or worst case, run a hairdryer around the receiver. Anyway, I called CVA and they told me to send it in with a check for $22 and they would take care of it. While sending it out, I decided to throw in my ramrod that had bent trying to get a 2nd round w/o swabbing for a follow-up shot on a deer from the fall. Three weeks later, I received my receiver and a replacement ramrod in the mail! I know it's not hunting season, but I wasn't expecting that fast of a turn around. All emails I sent, before, during and after were promptly replied to by Eric in Customer Service. Just wanted to post for those looking for another company who offer a budget product, yet stand behind them!

Mike
That was very good service. I had to send my Omega back to TC just after Christmas. I got it back last weekend (2 months and 2 weeks later). The hammer would not stay back. They replace the trigger assembly. The also send me a new breech plug in my gun. I called the technician who did the work (Jack was his name) and he said that the reason the hammer failed was there was blowback getting back thru the firing pin and weaking the spring that held it. I said I didn't see any instructions for cleaning it in the manual. He said that is right there are none, but recommend I use a q-tip to clean around the firing pin and the firing pin hole. I had to pay shipping up, they paid shipping back. I didn't have to pay for a new assembly or a breech plug. I not saying that to compare CVA to TC, just explaining what they did for my particular problem. I don't know how much an Omega Trigger assembly cost.

You got excellent service from CVA. Good luck with your rifle, although by the picture in your post, you have already been blessed.
Chap Gleason Va
Old 03-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

CVA has treated me well too. I hve a wolf and the rear sight screw stripped out. I called them, and they sent me a new one straight away. No questions asked. I'd but another one just for the customer service.