Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 DIY Camoflage on ML? >

DIY Camoflage on ML?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

DIY Camoflage on ML?

Old 01-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default DIY Camoflage on ML?

Would there be any ill effect in a DIY cammo job on a ML barrel? The reason I ask is that I know the residue from BP and subs are worse than regular guns. Would this cause me to not be able to care for the outside of my barrels properly? Would the paint take the place of a nice thin layer of oil? Here is a link to what I am talking about doing-

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=52383957&an=0&am p;page=1#52383957
Old 01-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: DIY Camoflage on ML?

Just me.. butI do not like to add anything to a rifle that I purchase that was not intended for the rifle. Granted scopes and sights are not in that group, but bipods, and paint just do not do it. If I wanted to custom the outside barrel of my rifle I would go with a Black Ice treatment.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

What is a Black Ice treatment? Where can I find info on this?
Old 01-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Dominant Buck

http://www.blackicecoatings.com/ it is a coating put on your firearms that protects them from the elements while at the same time it makes them look nice.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Do you think the Teflon coating is more durable than duracoat?
Old 01-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I really could not say.. all I do know is those that have had the black ice treatment really consider it a wonderful product and a great thing for their rifle. I have not had it done. Instead I am much more intentive on proper cleaning and storage of the rifle.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Well my intent for having either of these done is just to have my barrel camo'ed. I want an inexpensive durable process to camo my barrel and still allow me to clean it properly.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive had some things done with duracoat this year. its a nice coating. im gonna try the black ice on a muzzleloader. you can also get a kit to try duracoat your self. check this out. doesnt seem all that hard. http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/pub...DuraCoat.shtml
Old 01-13-2007, 03:09 PM

There is nothing better than a good old "rattle can"camo job. If your gun is a working gun and NOT a safe queen then why not? I personally havepainted several of my own rifles with Krylon and Rustoleum flat camo paintswith total satisfaction. Painting allows you to customize the camo to any terrain you choose and makes touching up the paint job a cinch.

It's not for everyone, but if your truly want to camo your gun then I say go for it!

Here are a couple of my "working rifles" that I did myself.

s6

Old 01-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do not paint your recoil pad.

Quick Reply: DIY Camoflage on ML?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.